• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

screenplay submission question

I am a new filmmaker and want advice on how to have screenwriters submit works to me to read and to possibly turn into a feature film.

What are you saying, you are looking for a script to purchase? Welcome to IndieTalk.

Well, there are some peeps that request scripts down in the Misc forums... not sure how much success they have, as PM/E-mail is usually the way to go once starting to talk turkey.

You may want to qualify a bit more when asking about, to give script-writers an idea of where you are at.

Things like budget (roughly), particular genres you're interested in, projects you've worked on, basic (but negotiable) compensation details... some of the things to have answers for, when you get a reply.

There are also several websites that one can subscribe to, to review scripts that have been submitted by screenwriters. InkTip is one... Zoetrope (sp?) is another. The writers pay to submit, and script-seekers pay to view the copyrighted scripts that are up for grabs.

That's probably not the best route for most indie-peeps... just mentioning it as an option.

:cool:

If you live near some kind of a film school or an arts school, you could try posting flyers up there. Being a student myself, I know from experience that students are willing to work for free or cheap, provided you show them you're serious about your work.

Back