• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

5 W's

OK.. I'll try not to bore you guys. But ever since I was a kid.. My life's been a movie in slo mo

One of the things that help me sleep at night is to think of a new movie script. The thing that appeal to me the most are Coming of Age and Sci Fi.. mostly UfO stories.

maybe even a mixture of the two.

And also.. 80s New Wave music is always in mind for the soundtrack.

Am I odd? Im fishing for feedback because i guess Im insecure and because im a bit egocentric.

wait is it possible to be both at the same time?

One of the things that help me sleep at night is to think of a new movie script

Hmmm... I'm thinking that stories that actually put you to sleep may need some refinement! \:D/

Have you seen (or heard of) that new tv mini-series "4400"? I think you'd like it. (4400 being the number of UFO abductees that are suddenly returned to Earth all at once... still the same age as when they were taken)

That's kind of a "coming of age" thing too, as they re-adjust to normal life... or try to.

Make more UFO stuff, for sure. If that's what you like doing... do it. :P

King Goldfish said:
Am I odd? Im fishing for feedback because i guess Im insecure and because im a bit egocentric.

wait is it possible to be both at the same time?

I feel that egocentricity arises from insecurity. It's a defense mechanism used to ward off the pains of insecurity.

But anyhoo.. I love UFOs, and I think you should go for it, as Zen said. I'd eventually like to make a film involving them, too.

80's music is certainly brilliant. No doubt about it.
Myself Im always going back to the seventies for music, artists like Martha Reeves & The Vandellas (Heatwave and Nowhere To Run specifically), The Jam (albeit they did hit it big in the early eighties) and Thin Lizzy .etc. Always pop into my head whenever im thinking about ideas for situations or scenes in a movie.
Theres alot of disco i like too, Boogie nights (the movie) turned me onto alot of it a few years ago.
Whenever the eighties come into my head, its usually Duran Duran, Luther Vandross, Style Council or David Bowie :)

Maybe went slightly into my own thoughts there, but hey does anybody else like this kind of music ? what kind of music pops into your head when your thinking about a film you'd like to make ?

actually i think heatwave and nowhere to run may have been late sixties. ... i could start talking about jackie wilson and spiral off into the funk brothers and then glen miller ...

but i wont :)

Back