The Girl Without A Song - Feature Project

tgwas-Email.jpg

Hi guys,
I'm embarking on shooting a feature project. Just wanted to let you guys know about it.
Here's a brief synopsis:
A scientist invents a device to read the song within human beings. Every human has his/her own unique song. Our protagonist Emma, goes to have her song read, and discovers that she has no song. We follow her for the rest of the movie until she finds her song.

More info here: http://thegirlwithoutasong.com/wp/

I tried to do the something similar last year, but it didn't work out. Hopefully this year is a different story. Auditions are next week and the one after.

Not really seeking critiques or anything. I'm doing my critique seeking from non-filmmakers. Just wanted to do some self-promotion and get some goodwill from where I could.

And of course, I'll take any word of advice, caution or any help in any form, from anyone kind enough to provide it.

Best,
Aveek

Sounds like a great concept. Are you shooting in Toronto? Gonna get cold very soon! :P

Best of luck!

I know :(. It got delayed a little bit, and so I might have to sacrifice some of my outside shots because of the cold :(. But I don't want to wait for next summer. 2014 or bust.

Sounds like a million dollar premise to me. I'm thinking of films like The Invention of Lying and The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, perhaps erroneously?

Any, sounds interesting. Good for you. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing it.

:)

Sounds like a million dollar premise to me. I'm thinking of films like The Invention of Lying and The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, perhaps erroneously?

Any, sounds interesting. Good for you. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing it.

:)

As usual Richy, you give me too much credit :). It's nothing like Eternal sunshine. The premise doesn't really have much to do with the movie. I thought about expanding on it, in the beginning, but it would have complicated my script and inflated my budget. It's a simple story of friendship between two people suffering from different ailments. Some theories on shyness, etc. I think I can pull off the look and feel I'm going for. I have a great DP. He is extremely kind and generous with his time with me, and we seem to be on the same page on how best to get what we want out of the equipment we have.

I'm looking forward to casting. I'm looking foward to global warming, at least until November :D. I want the fall colors.

Back