Two Films in the Spotlight, Redemption and Detained

Hello fine film gurus. Every day I take an indie film and I make it the focus of my site and this week I have two that really stand out that I wanted to give everyone a chance to share an opinion on.

For both movies you can with one click say "yes this movie is watchable" and let the directors know that you think they are on the right track. Here are the specifics of this week's indie flicks.

Detained: Thomas Doyle (Cieran O'Brien) is an average, but good, student. He doesn't usually get into much trouble, he gets most of his work done when he can and many teachers like him due to the fact that he seems genuinely inquisative at times.

But Doyle has landed himself in detention for the first time. He is now at the mercy of the detention supervisor, McAlester (Jarlath Conroy), who loves to taunt his new recruits and make sure they know who's boss. He is the product of a harsh upbringing and doesn't see why kids these days should have it any different
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_details.php?movie=Detained

Redemption: 'Redemption' is the gripping story of a middle-class, African-American actor’s struggle with Hollywood’s temptations and his own integrity. A college track star, handsome, popular Christian Rayne (Brian White) suffers a severely broken leg at the Olympic trials, abruptly ending his athletic dream. Raised by his well-known actress mother and self-made entertainment executive father, Christian’s second love -- acting -- seems like a natural. Despite his parents’ misgivings, Christian quits college determined to be an actor -- without leveraging his family name. http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_details.php?movie=Redemption

For the benefit of the film makers on every film page is a button that says "Yes I would or Will watch this" please vote and show some support for these directors and film makers. Most importantly if you have an indie film and I can help you promote it by giving you a section on the site please do not hesitate to contact me. We can all work together to bring great exposure to small films like these.

Cheers

Back