• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch ITOOFC #4 Rules, Details, and Knick Knacks

I'm a little unclear about how we submit. Is there a place on this website to upload our movie or do we just post somewhere in internet land and tell you how to find it? Same question for the poster.

Other than that, the whole thing is shot and mostly edited. Only one more piece of the puzzle to complete Wednesday night and we'll have a pretty sweet little horror flick. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else came up with. Should be a good time.

[edit]On the day of the entry there should be webspace available for upload. It should me announced next week sometime. The head master king Poke should be able to tell you the official answer though. :yes: [/edit]

Yea, no one in the cast and crew has ever done a horror film. In fact it wasn't really even in my radar, unless you call a movie like "Land of the Dead" horror.

I haven't seen any roughs yet but everyone else says they are great! So I can't wait... It's hard turning over the editing reigns to someone else but that's cool with me. First time for everyting. I think I'm leaning more towards the VFX route anyway.

I can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with!

Good luck Y'all.

I heard some people were shooting this weekend. Who still needs to shoot?

Last edited:
Look 2 posts above this one. You can't upload until the day of sumbissions.. at least that's the way it's been in the past.

I can't wait to see your film! Good luck!

Poke said:
Important Requirement!!

Once you have uploaded your completed, qualifying entry you *must* PM IndieTalk or Poke with the URL of your online film.

Upload your film to webspace you have available, then send the URL of the film via Private Message to Poke and IndieTalk. Do not post the link to your movie in an IndieTalk thread until after the submission deadline is past. Once all of the submissions have been received and reviewed (for qualification), Poke will publish the links for all movies in one thread with an opportunity to vote for your favorite. After Poke's thread has been published, you can create a separate thread for it in the screening room to receive feedback on your own movie. (This is the way it worked last time).

If you do not have web space available to upload your movie, contact Poke via Provate Message and ask for instructions.

Good catch John... I didn't see that.

If needed, I have webspace available for people to upload their films to... Poke and Indie, if it's needed let me know and I'll set up an account.

Recapping some info, for dylan61 & jdmarlow...

_______

Once your film-challenge is complete, upload it to a web host. If you do not have a web host of your own, there are several high-bandwidth ones out there for free. (Hard to win a popular vote if you plop your film onto GeoCities... 2 people see it and it's gone)

PicaPic.net is an okay host, if you have nothing better. (There are several peeps on the board that would host it, if asked... CootDog?)

Uploading to a web host before the deadline is a good idea.

_______

Once the film-challenge is uploaded, PM IndieTalk or Poke (may as well do both at the same time) and send them the direct URL of the completed file. That will act as a time-stamp, and help them organise the "Popular Vote" poll in advance.

It also allows them to make sure the criteria was met, before the judging starts.

_______

Within an hour before the deadline (Saturday, October 29th 5 PM Pacific), the contestants should make a post in the Screening Room (Narrative) for their entry on the boards. Sometimes that's difficult due to RL concerns (which is why PM'ing the URL earlier comes in handy)...

All entries are placed in a special group/category... normally this is HomePage listing and a free bump to Prem-level for the duration of the votes/judging.

_______

Of course, since I am entering this... best to surrender now... :cool:

CootDog said:
Good catch John... I didn't see that.

If needed, I have webspace available for people to upload their films to... Poke and Indie, if it's needed let me know and I'll set up an account.

Yes, if this is possible I would be indebted to you forever. :)

Friend with a server now says he cant spare the bandwidth. If I knew how to use the "stabbing" smiley I would use it here.

I don't want to step on any toes.. I'll let king of judges Sr. Poke give me the final OK if I can let you all put your films in my server.. I have plenty of space and bandwidht...
I mean the files are only 25 megs... I can host them ALL... muwahahahahaaaaa

So Poke or Indie.. do you object to spreading the love by letting peeps put up their filmz on my server?

This would help me as I am in between web service providers. Right nowI have nowhere to store my soon to be final product.

Poster Contest Entrants

Take note, you should have two versions of your finished poster - 1) 16 inches by 20 inches at 300 dpi resolution for printing if you win, and 2) 400X500 pixels for web viewing. When you send me the link to your film, also send the link to the web viewable poster.

Poke

This is an Official plea to extend the contest deadline

Kind sirs and mams,

I come before you pleading for mercy on the fast approaching deadline. :( Everyone in my cast and crew has sustained terrible setbacks and property loss due to Wilma.

Editor shut down on Sunday to prepare for the storm. I spoke to him today to find out that he is still without power. This brings us behind by 3 days at minimum.

My actor Vanessa is also a Vetrenarian. She stayed in her clinic to ride out the storm. She parked her car in front of the window of the clinic for safety. A piece of someone's roof flew into her car and totalled it.

My Actor Lalo had a tree fall on his car damaging it severly.

Liza Trainer, although I haven't talked to her personally, had the metal storm doors ripped off the building allowing the wind to break the thick thick glass door. This brought in rain, wind, and debris into the studio, which obviously sustained damage to sets and equipment.

So I am asking if it is at all possible to extend the deadline of this competition, if not for all, then for those productions affected by Wilma. My Editor hasn't been able to edit for 3 days. The poster guy hasn't been able to poster for 3 days. Please Mr IndieTalk and Senior Head Judge Poke, please allow the deadline to be extended.

Sincerely,

Michael S. Copeland

Important!!!!

Okay, so we got one production affected by the storm and the possiblility of another (I think).

We will push back the deadline to 5 PM Pacific on Monday October 31st.

This will mean that the end of the competition will in turn be pushed back to Monday the 14th of November.

All entries that get to me by 5 PM Pacific time on Saturday (the original deadline) will get a one point Early Bird bonus.

Any questions?

Poke

Free Hosting of your ITOOFC#4 Film

ANYONE WHO NEEDS TO UPLOAD THEIR QUALIFIED FILM TO THE INTERNET and you don't have a webhost.. Let me know. I will host it for you... I'll host the short and the movie poster for you.

Just send me a PM or email.

{edit} Qualified = 25megs or less folloring the guidelines on post #1 of this thread.

Last edited:
Worried!

Even with the extended deadline it's looking bad... Editor still without power. Poster guy without power. VFX guy without footage to composite because editor is without power. Composer without rough cut because editor is without power.

ME WORRIED BECAUSE EDITOR DOESN'T HAVE POWER AND DEADLINE SEEMS TOO SOON :(

[EDIT]I'm not asking for an extension again.... just letting you all know the status[/EDIT]

Last edited:
I really am sorry to hear of your difficulties, Coot. I know you (and all of your team) worked very hard to make this movie, and it would be a shame if you do not make it in time.

Rather than think about that, though...I am going to hold on to the hope that you DO make it. It just won't be the same without you!

Back