What name should I go with?

Hey guys!

So, I'm taking a few steps forward in my quest for music gigs signing up for a couple of music libraries. Im wondering what name I should go with. My name is Mikael Ericson and Im usually called Micke (Swedish) As you probably guessed thats like Michael and Mike. Should I go with the swedish spelling or pick a more international alternative? Is it confusing for english/american speaking people or is it more interesting? What do you think?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Hey guys!

So, I'm taking a few steps forward in my quest for music gigs signing up for a couple of music libraries. Im wondering what name I should go with. My name is Mikael Ericson and Im usually called Micke (Swedish) As you probably guessed thats like Michael and Mike. Should I go with the swedish spelling or pick a more international alternative? Is it confusing for english/american speaking people or is it more interesting? What do you think?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

As a Brit, Micke is far more interesting and (more importantly) distinctive IMO. Not entirely sure how to pronounce it (Mike, Mike-uh, Mick-uh or even Mickey?) so you'd have that to look forward to :)

If the music is good it doesn't matter.

As an American I think Mike or Michael is so generic. I like that its different. Micke or Mikael work to that advantage but as Maz pronouncing it might be the challenge but some people mispronounce the simplest of names so that shouldn't be the true worry.

Basically be who you want to be, don't dumb it down for anybody.

As per the concept of advertising you should keep the spelling as simple as possible so that anyone with any language can find you easily.

This will take some time but, trust me it's worth investing a few hours sitting down and doing a vomit chart so that you can find the best one that you can promote life long.

If you want you can post them here, we will try to help you choose the best one for you.

Back