• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Making a 3d animation short film, Would love someone to go over the story with me

Hey everyone!

I hope this is the right place for this sorta thing.
I'm a student in an animation school, This year is my final and I'm working on a film that I will put ALOT of effort into, with potential to participate in festivals etc.

I have a pretty great idea (according to my proffesor atleast), I've written a few versions of the story, But right now it feels too dark and disturbing in my opinion.
It would be an immense help to me to talk to someone who knows his way around a good story and can help me figure this out. I will appreciate any sort/amount of help.

I could post the story here but I would prefer is someone would contact me by gmail and we could chat there at ease. I'm also a bit pressed for time (story deadlines early next week...).

My email : ameanlittledude@gmail.com

Thanks alot for your time!

-amld

Rule #1 of Storytelling: Never pull your punches.

hehe, great advice but easier said than done ;)
I'm afraid of confusing between "not pulling my punches" and failing to tell a coherent relateable story.
While a dark plot is good, if people would be turned off right away they wouldn't care about the rest.

I want to find the right balance between the story I want to tell and a story people would enjoy seeing.

Back