• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Sci-Fi Fest 48hr film

Hey everyone,

Here's a link to the latest short film that I helped out on as second unit cinematographer (basically involved getting shots for the VFX guys).

The film was made in two days for the Sci-fi London 48 hour competition. I had to pick a prop, a line of dialogue and a title for our film at random on behalf of the team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w-14clFqpc

Out of 200 entries we've been shortlisted to the final 10, and we're the only ones in the under 21 section to make it through to the main shortlist.

The competition will be judged by a panel lead by Edgar Wright next week.

I'm eager to hear what you guys think about the film,

Smith.
x

It's awesome! Looks like it took way longer than 48 hours, the camera work and quality is great! It really kept me engaged throughout. Such a great job with story telling. It really left me feeling tense wondering what happens next.

I looked at a few other shorts, and they don't come close to you guys. I hope you guys win! :D

Super good! I do the 48 hour film thing here in Pittsburgh (as a composer), and few entries look as good as this one does! Best of luck to you!

Just realised I never updated this...

We won the Under 21's and came second in the main competition :)

& we've just given a Q&A session at the British Film Institute about budget Sci-Fi filmmaking.

60awsr

http://twitpic.com/60awsr

Really happy with how things are going at the moment, & I'm moving to London in September so anyone in the capital looking to do some collaboration, get in touch, ahjsmith@hotmail.com

SMITH

Thanks.

We used a Sony HDR-FX1 with SG Blade adapter for all the main footage.

Then the stuff on the TV was shot on a Canon 550d.

While, I don't share the exact thoughts of everyone else posting, you guys did do a decent job and it was shot well. Somethings that I wish I would have seen but, not to bad for 48 hours. Congratulations on the 1st and 2nd place.

Back