Home
Your Ad Here

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > The Biz > Hollywood

Old 02-23-2019, 06:14 AM   #3256
BBfilms
Basic Member

a dogs way home 5/10

it is what it is which is a talking dog film for kids, it wont rival homeward bound and the CGI bugged me a bit because it was just a little obviously fake but my 10 year old really enjoyed it

Devil 7/10

for Shyamalan it was decent, the 'twist' was somewhat predictable and I felt the side stories where never resolved (like why did the catholic man kill himself, what was the 'sin' of the security guard and the maintenance man etc...) but there was a nice level of creepiness which didn't rely on those god awful jump scares they stick in everything now

Elevator - 8/10

similar premise as Devil only a human not supernatural danger, I think I prefer more 'realistic' films but thats just personal taste so I slightly preferred this one
BBfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 02-23-2019, 07:38 AM   #3257
FreddyLongSongs
Basic Member

Inglourious Basterds and itís a 10/10.
FreddyLongSongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:24 AM   #3258
BigDActor
Basic Member

Never Look Away. A+ rating.
BigDActor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:48 PM   #3259
BBfilms
Basic Member

fighting with my family - 8/10

actually really liked this some great quotable lines and quite funny in parts, however the rock is barely in it which isnt what you would assume from the adverts
Old 03-01-2019, 04:56 AM   #3260
BBfilms
Basic Member

Spring Breakers - 1/10

honestly what was the point... I watched it to see the use of colours and lighting mainly but seriously whats the purpose for this even existing, ive never seen such a worthless film - it has no story, no character development, no likeable characters and its god awfully slow.
The whole thing could have been condensed to 10 minutes but they stretched it for over 90 most of which is just repeated clips of drunk teenagers flashing tits and ass while someone whispers 'spring break' repetitively.
Literally 80% of this film is repetitive either re-using clips or having the actors say the same thing again and again (every speech went on way to long and had nothing to say) and while on irritating repetitiveness the gun cocking sound effect did my head in, the used it multiple time on the cut of each scene to the point it lost any impact at all.
James Franco give the only acceptable performance and even then his character was irritating and badly written. I honestly cant believe this won so many awards, the only award that makes sense is the 'hall of shame' award for worst portrayed female
Old 03-01-2019, 06:36 AM   #3261
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfilms View Post
Spring Breakers - 1/10

honestly what was the point... I watched it to see the use of colours and lighting mainly but seriously whats the purpose for this even existing, ive never seen such a worthless film - it has no story, no character development, no likeable characters and its god awfully slow.
The whole thing could have been condensed to 10 minutes but they stretched it for over 90 most of which is just repeated clips of drunk teenagers flashing tits and ass while someone whispers 'spring break' repetitively.
Literally 80% of this film is repetitive either re-using clips or having the actors say the same thing again and again (every speech went on way to long and had nothing to say) and while on irritating repetitiveness the gun cocking sound effect did my head in, the used it multiple time on the cut of each scene to the point it lost any impact at all.
James Franco give the only acceptable performance and even then his character was irritating and badly written. I honestly cant believe this won so many awards, the only award that makes sense is the 'hall of shame' award for worst portrayed female
My GF and I have quoted this movie multiple times.
spring break forevvveerrrrr I've seen it and regret nothing !!

Lilyhammer

A fairytale story three season long where mobsters have hearts of gold and are good role models and community leaders
It's incredibly unrealistic, the shit this mobster does and gets away with yet he doesn't have a single corrupt cop that he pays off. He just goes around beating people up and threatening them and in three season not one single person goes to the police to complain about his violent behavior.

Still it's funny and it's one of those whimsical shows where the lead character cuts through all the red tape, like lucifer or limitless. Comically enough the whole show basically consists of these two characters making the same face all the time.

sfoster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:46 AM   #3262
mlesemann
IndieTalk Moderator

Paddleton - 8/10
New on Netflix, it's a quiet and well done story of a friendship between two men, one of whom is dying of cancer. Ray Romano is surprisingly good in a serious role opposite Mark Duplass.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:36 PM   #3263
eomer41
Basic Member

Apollo 11 (IMAX)......................... 9.7/10
eomer41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:35 PM   #3264
bertha
Basic Member

Never Look Away. A rating
bertha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:12 AM   #3265
eomer41
Basic Member

Fanny's Journey ............................... 8.9/10

Based on a true story that I may would have never learned about if it wasn't on Netflix. Great acting. Fun to watch. Emotional.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:09 AM   #3266
eomer41
Basic Member

The Magnificent Ambersons (1942) .............................. 8.6/10

I really enjoyed this movie. I thought the ending was alright. It makes me wonder if the ending Orson had in mind had more of an impact. The story of this film seems to be about many things. Mostly the change that happens based on time and decisions. It had a realistic quality to it. The camera work was also really good.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:33 AM   #3267
peacemaker
Basic Member

Mission: Impossible - Fallout

8/10

Very good action movie.

Game Night

5/10

No Mercy (Korean)

8/10
peacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:19 PM   #3268
seanmannion
Basic Member

Captain Marvel: 7/10 - Fun adventure film with lots of Marvel stuff I've been waiting for as Marvel nerd.

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer: 6/10 - Seen it maybe a dozen times already and I love it. First time seeing it on a big screen this week. Mostly holds up. Still a lot of fun.
seanmannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:50 PM   #3269
peacemaker
Basic Member

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (2014)

8/10

Decent Family Comedy.
peacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:01 AM   #3270
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator

Aquaman

I laughed a lot at this movie for about 10 minutes.. wasn't laughing with the movie.
The directing was so bad it was funny. Can't believe this is from the dude that brought us Saw

Eventually the comedy wore off and I turned off the film without making it very far.
D.C. must be on cloud nine with james gunn directing one of their films. it'll be the first great dc film since batman begins.

Captain Marvel

Met my expectations although the plot was a bit questionable.

Spoiler: Group of shape shifters..that are so adept they mimic creatures DOWN TO THE DNA... but the only place they could possibly hide is on the other side of the universe? Uhh come on now they are literally the best people at hiding in the entire fucking universe
sfoster is online now   Reply With Quote