• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch HOW TO START A RIOT - did you miss out on the London riots?

If you missed out on the london riots, don't worry! here is your chance to start your very own riot!
just watch HOW TO START A RIOT,

step one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCiE_I21MB4

step two (NEW!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vi...&v=Jhw0QzgfHKo&annotation_id=annotation_21126

320103_10150426837555159_662775158_10231193_1573406550_n.jpg

Also, check out the facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/How-to-Start-a-Riot/151035608328855?ref=ts

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty good, there were only two little things that urked me about it - when the guy gets the idea to start his own riot, the shot zooms in slightly, then it cuts to a close shot of his face. Getting rid of the during-filming zooming from that would get rid of the problem. Also, the sound during the outside sections was way too clean, and it was obvious you added it in afterwards, not so much with the other sections of the film though. You could possibly try increasing the background noise volume, so that it doesn't feel so disconnected in terms of volume?

Very, very good piece though, definitely looking forward to the next part :)

Thank you both for watching! and the comments. Maybe with your help kinglis, we can take these riots international!

I like to put technical things in these. The zoom was done digitally, i think the problem is that the zoom is moving into a slightly different framing from the close up it cuts to. Something i changed at the very last minute. It worked well before i did, i thought i was improving it. Re :outdoor scenes; i feels a bit strange making sound less clean - seems against the point. But, your obviously right if you noticed. I did record the audio outdoors though.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry too much about spoilers, people tend to watch the video before reading all the comments people make.

Maybe it was so much the cleanness of it as much as it is the background noise being so low in volume that the other sound in the scene seems completely unattached. Or it may have been the enthusiasm in the acting not matching the tone of the voice at certain points, like at ~3:38. Also, with outdoor shots you tend to watch them expecting the audio to have noise in it. That's another point, just after the speech in 3:38 there's a shot further away from him where he goes "wooh!", but the volume of both his speech and the background noise (which would be closer to the camera than the man and thus not be as low in volume as the other shot that focused on his speech close-up) stays exactly the same. Maybe it's that? I tend not to be able to pinpoint sound issues, I just come up with ideas and mess about with it until I figure out if I'm right or not.

Hahaha. Favorite line:

"So you heard about the murders and the arson, and the sons and brothers and husbands kiled.. and you thought, 'I could get some free stuff'? What kind of psychotic idiot thinks like that? (looks at camera)" haha.

Nice.

Glad you liked it/that bit.
PLease share it with your friends, if thats something you want to do.:)
Because you can't have a riot by yourself.

Last edited:
Back