Releasing content in 2018

Hey all,

I'd like to release a short film and the beginning of a new series next month. Very low budget, was originally considering YouTube but I'm worried it's not the right outlet for me. I was considering giving Amazon a shot but wondering if it's right for me. I feel like YouTube could work, but it doesn't seem like the platform of choice for people looking to watch a film. I'd love to hear any suggestions on this, and anyone's experience using Amazon video. :D

They are videos of people doing stupid things with hot peppers. If you know about the hot sauce world you use tags like #reaper etc. Grown men crying and the right hashtags = viral. No sure what the OP's niche is. But some niches or hobbies are just tailored for hashtags.
So like mussonman’s Let’s Play video about Fallout 3 can be in a Facebook post with #Fallout3 hashtag?
I read you should try to limit it to 2 hashtags. Would that & #Comedy be the best ones to use?
Did you use hashtags for your last film?

I would think if your video is about Fallout, then Fallout can be a hashtag yes :rofl:

Was that a real question or sarcastic? (sorry thought hashtags were pretty commonplace)

Haha. Well I don't want to derail this. I'm not sure of all the hashtag algorithms but I use more than two all the time, and the sweet spot seems to be a popular hashtag, not a trending one. Example: If you use a trending hashtag unless you have a following you will be at the bottom of the list, but you may be at the top for your friends. If you use a popular hashtag, one that is "trending" for a certain niche but FB does not list it as trending because it is not pop culture, current affairs, or news, then you've hit a sweet spot and can appear at the top, etc.

Haha. Well I don't want to derail this. I'm not sure of all the hashtag algorithms but I use more than two all the time, and the sweet spot seems to be a popular hashtag, not a trending one. Example: If you use a trending hashtag unless you have a following you will be at the bottom of the list, but you may be at the top for your friends. If you use a popular hashtag, one that is "trending" for a certain niche but FB does not list it as trending because it is not pop culture, current affairs, or news, then you've hit a sweet spot and can appear at the top, etc.

Does this apply to the "tags" field when uploading a video, or just the text field when posting? I'm Mr. Moruga on THP btw ;)

If you're a fan of certain YT'ers & comment regularly on their videos you can try reaching out to them.
If you're starting out, the best way is to make a really great film.
What's it about? Try to figure out who'd be most interested in your subject & how it's presented, & then target those people through social media & contacting organizations if applicable.

Back