• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New showreel (2019)

Hi there!

It has been a while since I posted a video in here.
After 3 years it was about time to cut a new showreel.
Shorter than my previous one, which lasted only 37 seconds, proved to be impossible, so I'm back to a 1 minute showreel.
I did create an English version as well. Especially for you ;)

What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ColvlxIHyDY

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it looks slick. A lot of professional looking footage, but that slow motion, girl in the snow shot was really nice. One minute, 6 seconds; the length is just right!

I've never made a reel. This inspires me to possibly do so.

I like it. My suggestion is you may want to make different reels for different audiences.

I felt like it started more "indie film" and when the music hit and the pace picked up, it jumped into promo and corporate. I understand this is everything you do, but how about two reels...

Promo/Corporate/Commercial
Movie/Music Video

Also the music is very dramatic. It fits the latter better. When it's playing and the corporate stuff is showing it looks a bit satirical.

I understand this is a sizzle reel... just something was a bit off to me. Something wasn't sizzling. But overall it is good.

What are Aftermovies? ;)

hahahaha, that word is probably a Dutch invention: recap videos for events.
Not sure what a short better English phrase would be.

I know it is a bit of everything. And it is more than before.
It is based on my experience with people watching my older reels and then ask: "Do you also make...."
So, it is indeed a sizzle reel meant as a first introduction showing a broad spectrum of possibilities.
Including text and a broken watch :P

More specific reels are something I am thinking about for several landing pages.

I think as a sizzle reel it works, and yes, it would be great to tailor focused reels.

Let me watch it again.

Okay THIS is where I would start the reel. At 0:11. Before that it is not interesting. At 0:11 the music and visuals are impactful. Remember that every second counts. START with a bang. Start on that musical cue and very cool image of the car in the air, and the imagery after is great. I would start it there. Just my opinion.

On Aftermovies, those are Recap Videos. It's a term here if you work in marketing etc.

I would maybe just say 'EVENTS' instead of aftermovies, it seems a fairly standard genre of commercial video work.

Looks good Walter – the only shot I don't like is at 0:19, guy eating some toast and drinking tea (or something!). Other than that, I like it all.

Ok... looks good... the only thing that keeps bothering me is the shot on 0:45 in combination with the text YOUR BRAND. The composition feels of. To much empty space Left upper corner and the lines in the running field make it difficult to read.

Back