Gear Sharing Platform: KitSplit.com

Hi Guys,

I wanted to let you know about a gear sharing company I started: KitSplit.com

On KitSplit you can find camera kits and gear to rent. You can also rent out equipment that you're not using.

We've got Reds, Arri Alexas, 5Ds, drones, gopros, even google glass and Occulus Rifts, also plenty of lights, tripods etc.

My cofounder and I are both filmmakers and artists. Our goal is simply to make it easier for filmmakers to access equipment, and to help folks make some extra bucks. We want to help build a true indie middle class and make some beautiful art!

It's free to join and list, but it's a private community- we vet everyone who joins to ensure they are responsible professionals. If you're interested in joining please email us at Contact@kitsplit.com, with the following info:
-Name
-profession
-how you heard about KitSplit (i.e. IndieTalk!)

Looking forward to collaborating with you!
-Lisbeth
CoFounder KitSplit.com

It's an interesting idea and has a lot of potential if you can work out the kinks. I'll shoot you an email as I'd like to join and keep an eye on things, for example if you make it out to the Chicagoland market. There is a TON of filmmaking going on here.

At this time, and given the current insurance situation (or lack thereof), I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with renting any of my own equipment out. But like I said, it's a good concept and definitely a worthwhile startup idea.

Dreadylocks thanks for your thoughts! Glad you're interested in KitSplit. Definitely email us at contact@kitsplit.com

We would love to get into the Chicago market. We're currently focusing on NYC, but if people in Chicago are interested they are more than welcome to join and post. That could help us determine which region to focus on next.

You bring up a great point about insurance-- we are currently building out an insurance program to address your concerns. But I'd love to hear more about what would make you more comfortable. Please email us with thoughts!

So point is: stay tuned: More is coming with KitSplit. And we are gathering feedback from folks like you every day to improve it.

thanks so much!
Lisbeth

Back