How to buy classsic films for cheap

Hello,

I'm a high school student interested in a side career in film. As of right now, I want to become acquainted with classic films to get a sense of a style that I want to pursue and, also, just for general enjoyment. My problem stems from the fact that these DVDs tends to be rather expensive, especially the Criterion Collection films --who distribute some of my very favorites: Akira Kurosawa, Jean-Luc Godard, Marnau (?), Andrei Tarkovsky, Henri Decaƫ, and some others--and other collector's companies.

Do you know of a place on the internet where I can buy these for a good price, shipped to or in the US? It must be cheap.

Thank you very much,

Glenn

No, I want to own them. My public library system has some very good movies (and that's how I find out about them), but I want to keep my favorites for reference and for prolonged re-watching.

Maybe try E-bay? Craig's list? Amazon? With Amazon you can make a wish list, and check on the prices for used. The prices fluctuate quite a bit, and if your timing is right you can get some really good deals.

Chris

You won't get them cheap so either pony up any buy or rent.

Back