The Woods

There's not enough love in the Actors' Lounge, so here's something. :cool:

_______

Some of you may remember my post a few months back, about how I blew an audition. (Too painful to think about, so I won't link it). Anyways... I ended up with the part. Huzzzah!

It is for a short film directed by Michael Arkof (and his crew) from UC Irvine.

It's not really fair to fully explain my part in the film (aside from saying I play the father)... it's a bit surreal and I would not care to detail any spoilers, especially before the edit gets underway.

I couldn't really take any good pics on this shoot. A lot of the filming with the mains had already happened... and half of my scenes were along a really narrow river, with an even narrower path along the side. Not a lot of room to take snapshots, without risking falling in.

Regardless... Here are some pics.

_______

snap_01.jpg

This is the cast. Me, my wife and two sons.

The two sons are the main characters... the wife and I provide background.

...and I know all you ladies are thinking, "OMG Zen has a wife!"... err...

...no, I don't. It's called acting, and I am certainly most single, ladies!
smiley_creepy.gif

_______

snap_02.jpg

This is the crew.

I'll have to edit this in the morn, to clarify who each of them are. They all worked very hard, and each was responsible for certain tasks. They are good people.

_______

snap_03.jpg

This is Ryo, with the XL-2.

Look at the camera setup.

The dolly is laid down (on raised stumps) on a very narrow, very steep and very rocky path. The type of path that mountain goats usually avoid.

_______

Anyways...

We are shooting the final scenes of this short "The Woods" this coming weekend. I'll try to have someone else take pics of the events... I can't even begin to tell the long tale of "prune foot" 'til I have some images to show the why & how.

Back