Hello all, glad to be here

Hi,

My name's Jon - I'm 23 and I'm currently trying to gain momentum as a writer/producer/director. I have experience of other roles on set and commonly work as a Focus Puller when I'm not working on my own projects.

I graduated from University last year with a Masters Degree in Chemistry, but I spent most of my time at uni studying film and film is what I intend to pursue. I work on film projects during the day and I work night shifts at a poker club to pay the bills.

I'm currently trying to get my first film as producer/director (an action viral shot on the RED camera) seen and whilst I won't post here, as this is a non-promotional introduction, if you're interested in checking out my work please view my other posts!

I'm always interested in meeting people to work with and I'm currently searching for a passionate producer that I might be able to have a long term working relationship with.

Glad to be here,

Jon

Sorry about the repost... browser was playing up and it didn't look as though the first one had sent - don't seem to be able to delete it

Haha - is there any way I could have made myself look more of an idiot in this introduction! In my defense, if you look at my first post you will see that I work nights and I've actually had all of 5 hours sleep in the last two days! Trust me, my film-making is nothing like as incompetent as you might suspect from this thread!

Thanks for the welcome everybody!
I'm from Reigate (south of London, just outside the M25).
You can see my last film "Break-In" here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xSj-fKnZ3g

please let me know what you think

Hey man, that was actually pretty awesome. Good photography, good editing, good music, all worked together to create a cool but tense atmosphere. Really well done.

As a writer, I'd really love to see the script, and how the actions/descriptions were written...

Hey dude - thanks a lot.

I don't know how much of the written material I have left - I can try to seek it out but much of it was hand written. I'd be happy to chat about it, maybe better to do it on a different thread so it's relevant... what's the best way to do this?

I don't see why not here, it's your thread :yes:

Ah. hand writing, there's a blast from the past! Reminds me of how much I want an old type writer.

@Danjama... haha I got a bit carried away, I've written a bit of a treatise on writing an non-dialogue or action sequence. It's on the screenwriting thread - hopefully it will provoke some discussion

Back