• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My First Film - Bloodbath At The Picturehouse

i think because the backing track was looped [you can hear the start and the end noticeably], it gives an irritating effect to the long scenes before the "blood bath" it was hard to stay attentive since there was no digetic sound and the old school film effect was distracting. Unnecessary [IMO] and looked a bit like it was done with windows movie maker.

Key points i didn't like about it:

opening scenes too long, static cameras, boring opening - didn't show anything that could've lead the viewer into the story. For example a shot of a weapon, or something to portray the fact there was going to be a bloodbath, some obvious techniques to try to convey it.. but i feel they didn't work as they should have - possibly because of the distracting film effect.

I didn't feel you took your time to create a storyboard, or even experiment with angles, techniques for this type of film to show horror, or emotions which would entice the viewer into the film.

I think the main think that this film is lacking is a good story, it feels as though you wanted to make a film, so you did. Doesn't look like you've tried to come up with a story, just an outline of what you want to happen. For this audience, i think it went on far too long for something that ended up being a let down. Internet shorts should be 3-6 minutes unless you can come up with something that will interest someone for longer.

Seeing the full potential of that XG1 would be nice.

i found the old film effect VERY distracting. i agree with milk, it looked as if it had been done in windows movie maker - very gimmicky. plus, there was a twilight new moon poster and they were using cellphones, so it didn't make much sense with the whole vintage film thing...

the lead-up to the "bloodbath" was way too long. it got boring very, very quickly.

camera movement was a little shaky in parts.

also, how exactly did he kill them without being there? sorry if it's just me being stupid, but i just don't get it.

i think that if you re-shoot with a better story, get rid of that film-effect (or at least make it believable), and practice your camera techniques... you might be able to make something out of this :)

Back