• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Trailer for our FIRST feature - please comment

Hmm. My interest is piqued. I think this is a very effective trailer. It's made me want to see more, so from that simple perspective, this trailer has done it's job!

To be honest, there are very few trailers shown posted here that I can say that about. Furthermore, because you asked for feedback, I wanted to give you some constructive criticism. But after the first viewing, I didn't have any.

So I watched it again. Still didn't have any constructive criticisms. I watched it a third time, and finally, I do think I see one thing that could possibly improve the trailer.

For the record, you should know that the most common thing I say, in many situations, is "make it faster". Actually, I really like the pacing of this trailer. For the most part. Towards the end, though it's certainly not slowly-paced, I do think a few of those cuts could be shortened, and more clips could be added. More specifically, I don't think the fade-to-blacks are necessary. The time taken to fade-to-black could instead be used to insert another clip. I get that this section is timed to go with the music, but there's no reason why that effect would have to be lessened by eliminating the fade-to-blacks.

Also regarding that final section, an intensification of the music might be nice. I love the musical selection you've chosen. Perhaps a simple, driving bass-line underneath it? Maybe some "bombs", from the Pro Scores library? I dunno, just thinking aloud.

Even if you make no changes, I think you've got a good trailer. Bravo. Please keep us informed of when it available to see. :)

I think I need a little more info from the trailer where the story is headed and who the scar face guy is. Not a lot more, a little more.

Nicely done!

I do agree with Cracker Funk, the music should build up and get stronger there towards the end, starting at around 0:44, to match the heightened drama of the clips (especially since there is no other sound), and then it should climax at the clenched fist, and then disappear, just as you have it at the very end.

If you need a composer for the trailer, or the film for that matter, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

;)

Back