What did you think of the Carrie remake?

To be honest, I thought the first one had a better finale but I thought this one had much more of a realistic emotional buildup. Chloe Moretz is an amazing actress and she played the role very well. I think what ticked critics and a lot of audiences about the film was the fact that it was a lot like the original but in fact, the original was extremely close to the book. So by making this remake and following the book, it was like they copied a lot from the original Carrie when really they just got it mostly from the book. But I do agree that the remake could have added more......

But I mean this film made you really dread the prom scene. There were some cheesy scenes in the film, and some scenes that just gave me chills like the prom dance scene when she finally is on the verge of letting herself go and trust others.

What did you think of it?

Oh and the prom dance close to the end was heartbreaking :(

@Phenomenal people thought Chloe Moretz was a bad pick I think because she looked too pretty (Apparently) for the role, but that even gives a more realistic reason for high school girls to pick on her. Generally, the shy, very pretty girls stir up the most hate with women around them while the ugly women are just left in the cold (At least that's just my opinion). And I thought this film also had that great indie vibe to it like "Let me in" and "Let the right one in" more than the original. The use of music as the teens were preparing for the prom was fantastic and the gossip scene before the prom with "Vampire Weekend - Diane Young" playing in the background and "Dust to Dust - The Civil Wars" when Carrie was dancing with Tommy Ross were fantastic choices. The only let down for me was the ending. The blood bath prom scene the movie kept leading up to was a disappointment in this film but everything else in my opinion was fantastic. The original "Carrie" back in 1976 had too much tension and unsettling nature for me to care too much about Carrie while this one had just the right blend of emotion as well as small bits of tension here and there.

Chloe Moretz looks like a beautiful innocent girl that means no one harm while Sissy Spacek just looked creepy to begin with...... No offense to her

Last edited:
Haven't seen it yet, but the trailer I saw for the new Carrie is virtually identical to the one from the original... which is kinda funny 'cos I've been reading many complaints about how the new trailer "gives it all away".

Old & new & the one noone saw

Will catch it in a few weeks. :)

Not the worst remake, nor the worst horror film, nor the worst horror remake. But the first can't be beaten. The acting in the first is incredibly. The image of the wide eyed Sissy Spacek covered in blood is unforgettable. Piper Laurie is amazing as well. As great as Moore is, she can't beat the original.

One of the things that bothered me most was what they decided to have in the film. I wish they would have focused more on Carrie learning about her powers. The original seemed to focus more on the discovery of her powers, whereas this film spends less time on that. The pacing of the original film was much better.

I'm not trying to compare the two films. It bothers me when fanboys (especially of the horror genre) hate a film because it does not "stay true" to the original. I'm just pointing out what the first did better than the original.

I thought the original had much better pacing and performances, as well as a better ending and message. Although the original was campy, it had an eerie quality that the two others did not.

BUT IN THE END...

The book is the best. It remains my favorite novel to this day. It possesses an ominous power and horror, but beautiful and heartbreaking quality that no movie can capture, not even the original film.

I loved it. I thought that the way they built up Margaret as more of a zealot (and overall psychotic ****, for that matter,) even at the beginning. I, unlike most people, thought that Chloe Grace Moretz was a perfect pick, not only because she acted like a normal teen, but because she is one. It's interesting that I've seen so much criticism because she's "too pretty." God forbid anyone look past the fact that she's good-looking to the fact that she's the victim of all kinds of abuse. I think the fact that, in the end, it's less the calculated faceoff than the mildly controlled chaos. It was good, and, let's be honest, if you don't like it, you may want to turn off your nostalgia filter.

I liked it better than the original. It had more of a feel of a story from a woman's point of view. Also, I can see someone in the production is a fan of Jean Gray -- The Phoenix. Carrie seemed to have the flavor of a young Jean Gray developing her powers. There was a good emotional build up.

Well..i lived juliane Moore as the mother...great job..chloe..made a good Carrie..the ending however? Sucked the back of my sac lol..not to sound rude but I expected much more carnage than what happened..the prom scene was lackluster..now when the house caved in on them both was very touching but overall this movie was pretty bad..true it had a great build up but what's the point if the ending just plateaus?

Carrie was doing her best to save people who showed her some sympathy. She used her telekinetic powers to punish the wicked and save the innocent. I'm not a carnage fan. I prefer character buildup over carnage and shock value. Carrie was a complex character. After killing her mother who was her tormentor all of her short life, Carrie's sense of values led her to do what she felt was right.

The witch angle is interesting, since Carrie has telekinetic powers and the Leviathans are said to have the ability to levitate. And the word, levitate comes from the Leviathans who could move objects with pure thought. They are in reference books on Demonology and Witchcraft.

Back