Are Arnold's and Sly's time over?

This new movie of theirs does look better than usual. I wouldn't say their time is up but it depends on what kind of movie they decide to make. A movie that referenced their old ages would work, like they are retired but are being hunted or something like that?

eh.. i can't help but think their prison is going to be total bullshit.

"the most sophisticated prison ever created..."

yeeah, you don't need sophistication, you need security. If anyone is educated in what the prisons are like in russia I have a feeling this movie will be a joke.

Let me clue you into what some of these siberian prisons are like.

#1 There is no yard or cafeteria or ANY interaction among prisoners. You get your cell mate and that is it. ever.

#2 Your cell.. is INSIDE of another cell. even if you break out, you are still locked in

#3 You are under 24 hour camera surveillance

#4 The guards go through EVERY day and tap every single bar of the cell, searching for any weakness and search for any unauthorized possessions

but of course, most of america is ignorant.. i am aware of that. It's like that dumbass line in the latest die hard "he would be lucky to get life!' uhhh as opposed to death? russia got rid of capital punishment a long time ago, what the hell are you talking about die hard? That is why their prisons are so hardcore, they keep all of the worst criminals alive.

I have Stallone and Arnold pegged for new stars added to the cast for RED 3. Time for older men roles for them and Nicholas Cage isn't far behind.

I don't care for the Expendables. I wasted my money on the first and won't do it again.

I think both Schwarznegger and Stallone would do better in better
movies....the general audience sees them as too old to be an action star like they
were in their 40’s.

True. I think the best thing for them would be to try and adapt into some different sorts of role. ie. the mentor, the boss, the official, the administrator, etc, rather than trying to carry the films themselves. If their ego's allow them to step into more supporting sorts of roles, they could still have a long future in the action genre.

Having said that I didn't mind 'The Expendables' or 'The Last Stand' as mindless entertainment, so what do I know. With the right script/direction they could probably still put enough bums on seats to keep the studios happy, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters. ;)

Of course, Eastwood can really act; Stallone and Schwarzenegger are glorified character actors.

Ah, this is true. Eastwood in "Unforgiven" or "Million Dollar Baby" for example show he is far more than just an 'action star'. I doubt Stallone or Schwarzenegger could pull off roles like those.

what the hell are you talking about die hard?

:lol: This made me laugh.

Back