• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

House of Oddities: The Story of the Atrocity Exhibition

Hi all! I just wanted to promote my new feature length documentary I've been working on for the past few months. It is called "House of Oddities: The Story of the Atrocity Exhibition." It is basically about this underground bizarre art collective held in Pittsburgh PA called The Atrocity Exhibition. It features talented performance artists, side show acts, cabaret, and burlesque; while surrounded by different macabre art vendors. The film goes behind the scenes and showcases the performers behind the makeup and costumes to expose the human element of the performers and the relationships within this gathering of freaks

I've just begun fundraising for the project so if anyone is interested, check out my kickstarter page here

I've also created a little teaser trailer for the film. Here

Find out more info at https://www.facebook.com/HouseOfOdditiesMovie

Welcome fellow Pittsburgher!

I'm not familiar with your subject (not so into the burlesque/cabaret scene), but I love the J.G. Ballard novel that shares the name!

Best of luck with your fundraising!

Thanks JoshL, The Atrocity Exhibition is actually an annual show held at the Rex Theater on the South Side. It has been going on for 5 years as of 2013 and features a gigantic collection of weird and bizarre performances and art.

Back