• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch GH2 Hack Tests w/PL mount

Haven't updated this in a bit. Had some fun with some new glass, played with some Baby S16 Cooke Kinetal's as well but no stills/footage from those until the actual shoot.

All of these are with Zeiss Ultra Primes

Here's a good example of how well the little Titan resolves certain kinds of detail, although there's aliasing going on it's not as offensive as it is with DSLRs:

Last edited:
And then some before and afterness: (IndieTalk won't let me post more stills, sorry for second post)

BlondeHairNo.jpg

BlondeHair1.jpg

This job was actually an Epic shoot, so I'm just rolling camera randomly, but I did grab some footage that we're going to cut in with the Epic 3K and 5K material. Always been confident that GH2 Hack and Epic cut together as long as you can correct the GH2.

Up to you guys to decide:

http://vimeo.com/36113535 - GH2 @ 720P first, Epic @ 3K second

http://vimeo.com/36113535 - Epic 3K first, GH2 720 Second.

Before and after of a really fast match of the GH2 to Epic's color, didn't have time to white balance, shouldn't have even been fiddlin' with the camera haha:

bbefore.png

bafter.png

Epic still sort of stomps all over it, but they can play together nicely, even at 720. I've gone back and forth between 5K and 1080 and the difference is much more pronounced but still, GH2 is holding its own.

More soon, from both sets of Cooke's and some ... Anamorphics >:]

Last edited:
[vimeo]48428062[/vimeo]
http://www.vimeo.com/campcomet/anmamorphic (not a typo)

---

(( From the Anamorphic thread ))

Funny that this topic just came up:

anamorphicset.jpg

anamorphictvlogic.jpg

Having fun with a new old set of Anamorphics and GH2.

Adapter's Hot Rod Cameras, the set's Kowa Prominar 35's, real deal old school PL mounted treasures.

gh2anamorphickids.png

Will put some up in my other GH2 thread soon.

5D is cleaner than GH2 in pretty much every scenario, but is soft and colors are a bit icky (that's me being five years old again).

GH2 is noisier, but not unpleasant below 1000 ISO and retains oodles and gobs (ten years old now) of detail. Looks like old RED ONE footage (non-MX) which is pretty sweet, especially for a seven-hundred dollar camera.

This is a great thread for GH2 users. Thanks Kholi.

I'm getting ready to shoot a feature with Mysteron hack, Voigtlander 17.5, and it I'm really confident that it will look beautiful. Only thing I'm slightly worried about is the playback issues with the high end hacks but I noticed leaving a minute after recording before playback can help the issue. But would suck to be on set and have that problem. Fingers crossed.

I also have a 5D available (my DOP's cam) and tried our best to match it up with the GH2 but you're right, there is just something about the colour of the 5D that makes it plastic and too clean for it's own good. Not saying it's a bad thing, many people love that look, but for me I like the flatter, slightly grainy detailed image of the GH2. Just an amazing, amazing little cam.

Hands up if you've ever kissed your GH2 :hi:

Last edited:
I personally am looking forward to upgrading to a GH3 this year. A lot of the information being leaked is true, including the increase in dynamic range and sensitivity all around. Gonna be a killer B cam for my Magic Cam!

Thanks for checkin' out the stuff, man, and post up when you start shooting!

Very nice, I love anamorphic images. It's just magic.
I will post some GH2 ana's soon too.

Post some with the Isco, Fernando. Can you focus with it?

I had an Isco like six or seven years ago with a 35mm adapter, I paid 300.00 for it, couldnt' figure it out because I was a newb and gave it back to the guy.

Boy, had I known...

Okay what do you know...

When can we expect it? What features?

You started this...

Hahah all of the rumors are true, but there's some stuff missing. Give it a week or two, you'll know all!

And you might have some footage too. =P

Back