Delete account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ernest's idea is genius. I wanna be insert_cliche for a day. Give me your password, I'll change it, and then you won't be able to log in until you're done with your project that you've been procrastinating. And don't worry, I'll keep the havoc-wreaking to a minimum.

Alcove, I love your amazingly out of balance time allocation that is remarkably accurate.. uh oh.. back to work for me..

I have a 18 year old daughter who is either on the 'net, playing video games, watching movies or having hormone induced emo hissy fits; I see it all the time.

I'm guilty myself, although I do spend quite a bit of computer time looking for jobs and marketing. Participating in forums counts as marketing as I do pick up work and references for gigs participating on various forums plus keeping in touch with my peers. It's also a way to kill time while doing back-ups, loading files and the like, and a great way to waste time when work is scarce - like now.

Part of the problem for me is that the 'net is a large portion of my social life. My business is in the basement of my house and 98% of the time I'm by myself; I can't talk on the phone while working like some folks because my job is listening. I work mostly at night and weekends (when I'm working), so I'm Mr. Mom for my eight year old daughter during the day, but hanging out with the other moms who talk about "female" problems, complaining about their husbands and shredding the other moms they don't like doesn't really appeal to me, especially as I'm 10 to 15 years older than most of them. So I hang out on the 'net.

Right now I'm cringing while my daughter practices violin; I have perfect pitch, she is far from perfect (but getting better) so at the moment I need the distraction. Any excuse, right?:D

You can probably ask indietalk to ban you, or just say something outrageously racist and then you'll get banned.

A simpler solution is to ration your visiting more stringently.

i've tried this. doesn't work. just gets people pissed at you and gives you more shit to deal with.

there really should be an option to delete your account though.

Last edited:
Woah. There's a lot of responses. It seems I cannot delete my account, and that is my question answered. Oh well.
I don't really have any realistic ambition to be a film maker, indietalk distracts me from tafe. Work that I should be doing, since my parents are paying for it. And I'm not gonna be paying them back any time soon.
Thanks for the advice every one :) I guess you're stuck with me lol

making movies is better than watching TV or video games... so it doesn't have to be YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.. just a part of it that is fun and interesting, and challenging..

I agree with wheat, you don't need to leave the board just because you don't plan on having filmmaking be your career. If you find this stuff interesting, then you are welcome here :)

I do, however, understand that a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do. So once you take care of your school business, I better see you back here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back