I'm going to do it!

sfoster

Staff Member
Life is for the living.
I am going to make a great short film!

The script is 3 pages, and it will take me about a year and a half to shoot.
It's a super hero action comedy

I've also got a separate, one-day crime-thriller set to film on march 9th.

Dammit, why do I have to be the bad guy in this thread?

That's not really the way it works, dude. You can't just win a couple awards in a couple local festivals and then expect a bunch of views on YT. You also can't expect any of that to translate into a successful kickstarter campaign. And then even if the kickstarter campaign is successful, you can't just expect that it will translate into enough online sales of your movie in order for you to live off the earnings.

I think you should prepare yourself for more than one path. Life is unpredictable. Expect the best. Prepare for the worst.

I think you should prepare yourself for more than one path. Life is unpredictable. Expect the best. Prepare for the worst.

My comment about 'there being only one path for my life' meant there is zero possibility of me giving up on my weight loss. Zero chance I embrace how fat I'd become and just live out my days like that. no path leads me there.

the one and only path for me is to get skinny again.
it's not a choice but an act of nature. my nature.

Dammit, why do I have to be the bad guy in this thread?

That's not really the way it works, dude. You can't just win a couple awards in a couple local festivals and then expect a bunch of views on YT. You also can't expect any of that to translate into a successful kickstarter campaign. And then even if the kickstarter campaign is successful, you can't just expect that it will translate into enough online sales of your movie in order for you to live off the earnings.

Bunch of awards and fans at the festivals. Boom. They all have social networks and will generate youtube views.
It gets so many views and shares it reaches critical mass. It. Goes. Viral. Now it's real.

Everyone wants to see this unique and absurdly amazing action comedy short film turn into a feature length film.
Next up ON STAGE - It's our well built friend Kickstarter ready to take their cash and put it in my pocket.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

So much money, so much momentum. I hire a crew I hire some actors I book a location and I MAKE A FEATURE FILM!!

Then it goes on to win awards too!!! and the distributors are fighting for my business toth and nail

Last edited:
What the hell am I doing.. I gained 6-8 pounds over the holidays.
Thats embarrassing and weak. Dieting is so hard!! Much respect to anyone that has lost a large amount of weight.

I've been dieting for 8 months because of setbacks like that.
Lost the 10 pounds so I'm back to 190 but thats two months down the drain.

New years is a nice gift, if only because I now see the one year mark coming up.
I didn't think it would take me that long, and I feel a sense of urgency now each day.

Hopefully that fire keeps burning. I'm sick of dieting and ready to get this over with.

Then I can start making progress in other areas for this film!!

If I stay vigilant I can make that happen in two more months.

Once I'm skinny I'll be able to take some pictures of myself in character when I've "transformed" and I can change my avatar.
I don't have any photos of me in drag as the superhero yet, but to make this thread more fun here's a random picture of me in drag when i was skinny.

fullbodybigwig.jpg

Last edited:
My last post here was talking myself up. Saying I feel motivated.
Instead I gained like 20 pounds. Ouch. Quite the blow.

But it gave me clarity. This is way more than struggling with a diet.
This is sabotage by depression. So I'm on antidepressants now and it helps me to struggle and fight.

I started my diet a year ago, may 2016. Since then I gained 40 pounds and lost 100.
But I think if I squint my eyes I can actually make out a finish line on the horizon.

Yes.. I see it. I must be getting close. Time for a radical two month transformation!!

cap.jpg

I guess you experience what they call jojo-effect: going up and down.
Some say it is what diets do, because it feels like torturing the appetite.

Just dieting doesn't cut it. It is about lifestyle.
Swimming everyday is good: what do you do the rest of the day?
Sitting inside or hiking?
If you can you should try a yoga class: physically more challenging than you might expect (or not), but the mental effect is also great. (Just like hiking or cycling.)

(Damn, I sound like lecturing, sorry. I just want you to make it.)

I guess you experience what they call jojo-effect: going up and down.
Some say it is what diets do, because it feels like torturing the appetite.

Just dieting doesn't cut it. It is about lifestyle.
Swimming everyday is good: what do you do the rest of the day?
Sitting inside or hiking?
If you can you should try a yoga class: physically more challenging than you might expect (or not), but the mental effect is also great. (Just like hiking or cycling.)

(Damn, I sound like lecturing, sorry. I just want you to make it.)

I would love to do a yoga class or martial arts or something like that! I want to so much.
Unfortunately I rarely leave my room most days due to mental and physical illness :/

Physically it can get extremely painful (enough to create lingering emotional trauma from the pain) so I avoid that unless absolutely necessary. I also have no money and haven't been able to work for more than 3 years. So I can't afford any classes.

Fortunately there's a pool here so I'm really grateful for that!! The treadmill wore down my joints and i had to stop using it. The pool is amazing it doesn't seem to damage my body at all.

And yeah the weight loss is absolutely necessary I'm supposed to be a beautiful woman like the past picture I posted. Not a fat guy with a gut :lol:

I would love to do a yoga class or martial arts or something like that! I want to so much.
Unfortunately I rarely leave my room most days due to mental and physical illness :/

Sorry to hear that.
That is catch22.
Get out of the room and start hiking. Your mind needs space as well. And hiking is free, just like the swimming. :)

Yoga class is nice, but a mat along the pool with youtube is a way to start:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGXgoW70IB0

20 sun salutations a day will help body and mind :)

I would say this: put the film on hold, you can come back to it at another time. You shouldn't be defining your goals for your physical well-being according to your own casting process. We can see from this thread how much pressure you've put on yourself, and I'm not sure that's good.

Your first priority should be yourself, your physical and mental wellbeing. And if a project makes you feel better (as it always does for me), why not try writing something that works in your current surroundings? Why not make a short film about your situation, about depression, that might be cathartic? Or, conversely, why not make something that is funny or surreal or lifts you out of your problems?

I feel like this is a great opportunity to film to have a positive impact on your life, but I'm afraid that it won't if you keep feeling like the only thing you can do is move towards this hugely challenging goal of weight loss. And it's a cyclical thing because the longer it takes, the longer you go without making the movie, the worse you'll feel about your positivity. But I think you have a chance to break that cycle but putting the project on hiatus and either focusing on yourself for a while, or trying to get cracking on a project which is easier for you to complete as you are, right now :)

dude, I could be your diet buddy. I've been planning on exercising/dieting soon

That works for me, lets exchange phone numbers.

Get out of the room

Wow just like that all of my illness is cured. lol. Why didn't i think of that???
Seriously though i think the only active thing i'm doing with my life is exercise and stretching for hours every day. I don't think even MORE exercise and stretching (yoga) is the answer. That's just more of the same.

I would say this: put the film on hold, you can come back to it at another time

No actually I can't. The place where I filmed my fat scenes is being totally renovated and if I don't do this RIGHT NOW the whole project is screwed and I wasted years of my life and gained all this weight for nothing.

Believe me if that happens and this project all goes to shit - my mental well being is at serious risk.
the best thing i can do for myself is to finish this and not be a huge loser.

For the record i'm kicking ass now that I can finally exercise again. It's wonderful how much faster you lose weight with a lot of intense exercise.

Last edited:
Email may be easier

yeah that works too. i was thinking text messages but email goes to my phone.
Just swam 100 minutes of HIIT laps until my body gave out :cool:

Took this picture yesterday, i'm sort of skinny now but i'm at like 18% bodyfat which is way too much and I can't fit into my old clothes yet.
Also i don't get right swipes on tinder. I was there for a month and only got one date.. who then canceled on me one day and stood me up the next. lol.

May3rd17.jpg

Last edited:
No, getting outside doesn't cure you at once, but staying inside will only keep you trapped in your current situation. Just walikng around can be a great way to relax, get new impressions and inspiaration and still work on your goal without thinking about it.

BTW, like most people you confuse yoga and asanas (stretching).
Yoga in it's simple form is relaxation, asanas and breath to be able to meditate.
I have experienced and seen how that whole package brings light to the dark mind, peace to the restless mind and silence to the pondering mind.

FWIW, I know how hard depression is: my luck was that it was caused as a side effect of medication, so when I didn't need the meds anymore it went away. (And at that moment I realized what happened to me.)

Having a buddy in this challenge can surely help: great thinking Mussonman!

Back