Horror Films: PG & PG-13

I love the score for 28 Days Later. 28 Weeks later ain't so shabby, either. I haven't seen Silent Hill; I'll have to check it out, if you guys are recommending it.

The music in Silent Hill is excellent and I am glad that for the film adaptation they used pieces of music from various games in the series at certain points in the movie. The composer who created the music is Akira Yamaoka who unfortunately no longer composes Silent Hill music (the last game, Silent Hill Downpour has music composed by a different composer).

There are some additions made to the original scores for the film but in my opinion they don't ruin the original.

The music in Silent Hill is excellent and I am glad that for the film adaptation they used pieces of music from various games in the series at certain points in the movie. The composer who created the music is Akira Yamaoka who unfortunately no longer composes Silent Hill music (the last game, Silent Hill Downpour has music composed by a different composer).

There are some additions made to the original scores for the film but in my opinion they don't ruin the original.
I don't think the reason for Akira Yamaoka leaving Silent Hill was revealed, but to be honest, the game series started going downhill as soon as it was bought by Americans. The newest ones are just like any other horror game with all of their emphasis on graphics and gameplay rather than atmosphere and plot. The new composer is just another nail in the coffin.

He was a producer for the first Silent Hill film though, and I assume will be for the second, and he is definitely writing the score with Jeff Danna.

Just posting this in case you guys haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElvX2aizcl0

Back