Music Video Help

Hello everybody,

My name is TwO, and I'm an emcee/lyricist/producer ect.

I've been fascinated with making films lately, and I really want to step my game up. I want to specialize in making Music Videos (though other ones wouldn't hurt!) and I just have a few Equipment questions.

Consider me a complete, 100% beginner - I know NOTHING about filming/editing, except some basics I learned in a Highschool course.

Now, for a person whose making music videos, my main questions are;

- What HD Camera would be best, for under a thousand Dollars?
- What Windows compatible software would be great for editing these videos?

Thank you!

If you are a beginner, then don't bother about buying a new camera for now. Ask a friend of yours to give you a camera for couple of days and shoot the video. It's not going to be good because it is your first time. You'll make a lot of mistakes and that's the best way to learn. Shoot anything. When you think you are ready, then go for shooting the actual music video.

I shot my first music video with a Sony HandyCam and it was a really good learning experience. Some things that I planned didn't work out at that moment, and I had to think of something else. It was really nice. I don't have a music video with me because I was not able to finish it, but what I have is the learning.

My point: Don't bother about the camera as of now. Shoot on whatever you get for free. Practice. Learn about various shots and angles from Youtube.

I personally prefer Adobe Premiere Pro for editing as it is widely used and has a lot of plugins. Sony Vegas Pro is another good option.

Back