• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Page2Stage??

Can anyone tell me about Page2Stage? Is it worth the price? Is there a better program for about the same price?

I agree, celtx is where it's at IMO. It's a free piece of software and it's a great tool to use for writing a screenplay. There are many features packed into that little free program.

Like AvsB, I use both Celtx and Final Draft. The system I have set up for myself is as follows. I use Celtx when I'm writing a rough draft because I use the note tool, etc.
However, the parts and scenes of the script that make it onto the Final Draft program is pretty much my finalized material.

I have a specific style/way of writing that not a lot of people use... So the above method mentioned works for me because of my specific style.

I've only used one software, so I have nothing to compare, but people tell me Final draft is most convenient.

I use Page2Stage, because it's free. Overrall, I've found it easy to use, and to be frank, I don't know how many features one really needs in a screenwriting program, but maybe that's just cuz I'm a novice screenwriter.

Two glitches I've noticed -- sometimes, it just formats weirdly, at page-breaks. More annoyingly, though, typing simultaneous dialogue is a major formatting headache. Either that, or I'm dumb. Those headaches have been rare, though, and I've been satisfied enough with it to not justify spending any money.

Back