• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Ironically, zero budget Needs Money!

... That will have you ready for shooting for under $500. Please note, however, that it's a manual lens and you'd have no ability for auto focus/iris.

Oh that's fine, my piece-of-crap camera has completely turned me off of anything auto. And thanks for the recommendations, I'd probably still be looking at thousand-dollar cameras if it wasn't for you.

harmonica44 said:
Can't you make shorts with just you in, or with your friends helping you, for free, rather than just paying people for a practice one? This is a practice one, right?

What, you think I'm paying people for this?? I may be naïve and inexperienced, but I'm not that stupid. That was my plan, I'm "hiring" my friends for free. Fortunately they're not just my friends, they can actually act.

And to respond to PaulGriffith, I probably will be shooting various shorts and YouTube stuff in-between.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm a little less than halfway through the first draft of an actual screenplay for the movie, and I have two things to ask:
1. If I wanted to make a sort of "production diary", i.e. posting updates on the progress of the movie, the latest clips, photos, trailers, etc, would there be a place on this site that I could do that? I've looked around and I'm not entirely sure...
2. Any recommendations for an inexpensive (read: even cheaper than the Rode VideoMic) boom mic?

Finished revising the first draft, just need some feedback. I've tried a bunch of ways to get some money, but nothing has worked out so far... fortunately, there won't be any time to make this until next summer, so I've got plenty of time. I don't want to obnoxiously post these updates every-so-often since they don't have much to do with financing... any sort of forum for "coming-soon" or "in-production"-type movies?

After a quick and uneventful summer, I have finished the 45-page (short film, remember?) screenplay for zero budget. Hopefully we can shoot next summer, but until then I'll be looking for jobs and other ways to save up for a DSLR. I most likely won't come back here until I have something to actually show you-so quite possibly a year or more. Thanks once more for all the advice... wish me luck!

Yes, I'm definitely going to look into that. Of course, all I have at this point is iMovie, which doesn't exactly provide a wealth of features for that, but it's definitely a start and I'm hoping in the process of saving up for a camera I'll have some spare cash for Final Cut... wait, is that one of those things amateurs do that they shouldn't?

Back