Anyone going to NAB?

It's been a few years since my last visit so I'm heading out this year and meeting up with a few friends to hang out for the week.

Any other IT'ers attending this year?

Negative.. but if I were I'd be attended an after hours get together/party at the Black Magic booth since I got an invite to it the other day :)

I got a free ticket but had to pass it up because the airfares were just way too much.

I'll be heading over for CineGear LA in June instead

I should add - they did leave the reservation form on the site, just disabled it. I tweaked the code to re-enable it and managed to get it to submit... but no confirmation email, so I think I'm out of luck! Ah well, I'm sure there will be plenty of other worthy parties to attend.

I got a free ticket but had to pass it up because the airfares were just way too much.

I can imagine it would be pretty expensive coming from Australia. I got pretty lucky and snagged a cheap flight even though I didn't plan this very far in advance.

Last edited:
I should add - they did leave the reservation form on the site, just disabled it. I tweaked the code to re-enable it and managed to get it to submit... but no confirmation email, so I think I'm out of luck!
Wow, that's out of the box thinking (with hacker/tech skills well applied). Sorry no confirmation email though...

For the past year or so I've probably spent 90% of my time working with html & javascript so it was just the natural first thought for me - form inputs disabled? submission blocked in javascript? I can fix that! Clearly though they disabled the server-side processing which is beyond my reach... I'm sure I'll find plenty of other activities to fill my time.

Flights to vegas from most of the lower 48 tend to be relatively cheap..

Most of the cheap flights were already sold out, so I ended up going with Spirit air which was about half the cost of the next cheapest option. They have a pretty terrible reputation as an airline though... we'll see if I end up wishing I'd just paid the extra for someone better. It was so cheap though I was able to upgrade to the closest thing they've got to first/business class, so I'm hoping that makes it bearable!

Sounds like maybe I'll be the only ITer there... I'll start a thread once I'm there with any stuff I find that might be of interest.

Last edited:
Back