Disney buys Youtube network.

People have been making money on the internet for quite a while (and pretty profitable companies too)

Where have you been hearing otherwise?

My understanding is that they have NOT been making BIG money. Yes, they make money on no-budget productions, but they don't make big money. If I'm mistaken, however, I would love to be so advised. :)

Are there any links showing producers who made billions of dollars on Youtube? :)

From that article: "Its videos now collectively garner some 5.5 billion views every month, according to the source."

Youtube view CPM's can range from $.70 to $7 and for these multichannel networks, who are able to contact advertisers directly, the CPM's can be much higher. For maker studios, who take a cut from those CPM's, that's a multi-million dollar company

I don't have any links to provide exact numbers, nor do I think producers would feel comfortable revealing them, and no there aren't any producers making billions but nevertheless, production companies like Roosterteeth, Rocketjump, Barely Digital are able to employ a large number of people and produce content exclusively for the internet. Plenty of youtube-based filmmakers make six figures a year through ad revenue and merchandise based on their productions

Back