Anyone know of more film talk forums?

Hey guys,

I love Indietalk, and plan to continue using it. Film forums are very beneficial, and I'd like to start an account with more. Anyone have some suggestions of website forums like Indietalk where you can post your film work?

Thanks!

Jake

Most forums are economic entities generating revenue from advertising.
It doesn't make business sense to allow or promote the direction of eyeball traffic/revenue to competing economic entities.

This party may be free to attend but not free to host or develop.

I own a number of websites and forums. I do not restrict cross promotion of forums. My thinking is that my members will go to other forums and tell them how awesome my sites are. I don't allow live links because of security issues.

Anyway. As far as I've been able to ascertain, there's really only one other general filmmaking forum out there. It looks gear-centric to me. And, Indietalk has done a great job with the look and organization of indietalk.com. And that's very important. I don't think I could spend much time over at that other forum just because, or for one reason, it would be just too hard on the eyes. We're not talking DPReview bad (nightmarish) (I hope it's fine to mention that forum because it's not a filmmaking forum, as far as I know.) But it's not much better on the eyes. That white on black scheme (and similar) is just insane. Bleh.

Also, I wouldn't know, but based upon comments made by others here, it sounds like the climate over there gets pretty acrimonious. Who needs it?

So, Jake, I think you've already found the general filmmaking forum cream of the crop. =)

As far as I've been able to ascertain, there's really only one other general filmmaking forum out there. It looks gear-centric to me....... based upon comments made by others here, it sounds like the climate over there gets pretty acrimonious. Who needs it?

So, Jake, I think you've already found the general filmmaking forum cream of the crop. =)

Yeah, I haven't had great luck at the forum you are talking about.

Thanks to social media sites, a lot of other forums haven't faired that well. There might be one or two new posts, per day or week. But, Indietalk thrives. The traffic is good and I think it is the place to be.

The forum-which-shall-not-be-named is definitely very tech-heavy. Which is great, if that's what you're looking for. They do stay very active in their posts, I'll give them that.

There are a handful of other forums I've come into contact with, but they seem to be kinda stagnant.

Dude, google. How did you find this place?

There's a genre-specific forum that I joined, long before I found this place.

Just checked, there's been a whole 9 posts so far in 2014....

Oh okay, sorry about that! I didn't realize it was against the "rules" to ask a simple question like that. Regardless, I'll take everyone's word! I really do like IndieTalk, it's the best site of it's kind I've ever found. I was just looking for more places to promote my videos and watch others.

Thanks Guys!

Indie Talk is pretty cool. I felt quite lucky to come across it using google. I didn't and haven't found any other sites on my own although I was pointed to one. The pointer was saying how crap it was, and he was right. I didn't go past the home page.

indie Talk is the best I have come across.

Back