• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Logline Feedback

Would this logline spark your interest?

Investigating a gruesome murder in the idyllic Rocky Mountains, mysteriously connected to a local tragedy 30 years ago, makes an aging Detective question his concept of justice.

Personally, I would love to write more, but I guess keeping it short is the point of a logline.

Im no expert but it go with along the lines of

'An aging detective working on a gruesome crime starts to question the justice system when his investigation leads him to a 30 year old case.'

I find its best to lead with the person, things tend to follow the 'who, what, where, why' pattern to make the most digestable sense.

who = an aging detective
what = a gruesome crime
where = N/A (but substituting with the justice system as an entity)
why = because of a 30 year old case

if that makes any sense

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll think about how to rewrite it. I feel like including the connection to something in the past (local tragedy) gives it more depth so I'd love to keep it in somehow.

It's a bit long but the bigger issue to me is, this doesn't tell me what it's about, so I can't really help with rewording it because it needs more of the core in here.

It's not captivating, it just sounds like a detective looking into a "solved" case because of evidence in a new case... we need to know what really happens in this story, not the "Law and Order" scenario, imo.

Back