• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Coup de Theatre - A Heist Comedy About Filmmaking

Hi all! Just wanted to share the link to our "pitch video" on Kickstarter that anyone can pledge funding toward in return for copies of the film, producer credits, and other rewards. Even if you aren't able to donate, I encourage you to check it out. I hope you find our video entertaining!

The film, Coup de Théâtre, is a feature-length narrative comedy/drama with heist movie elements. We've assembled a really wonderful cast and are very excited about who's joined our crew. We've managed to raise quite a bit of resources but need to cover a few last things to ensure that the bar for quality remains high. Thanks for taking a look!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-de-theatre-a-heist-comedy-about-filmmaking-0

Really fun stuff there guys. The opening was brilliant. Hi-larity. The old guys eyebrow was awesome!

Really nice work. You guys are all over the place. Nothing like a tight working relationship between friends. Great energy. I'd like to see you guys up your production values a little...better camera perhaps? I know, that's easier said than done...just saying, you guys deserve it.

Ok first, your introduction is way to long. WAYyyYYy to long.

Why did you comp yourself in color on a B&W setting. And your white balance is super off. YOu should fixe it. Not change it, FIXE IT.

I'm walking on the street right now.

I did like your demo stuff. All the material in the fast past editing. That was interesting. Your CGI stuff was kind of average good. But over all that part was good.

OK I will stop writing this before I get hit by a car, I'm on a boulevard.

YOu should do a faster edit on the B&W stufff. MAke it more snappy. That kind of stuff should be fast, to the point. It's not a epic 3h feature film with a openning week end on december 25. MAke it quick, fun, on the beat.

What a Police car does with a trailler full of snow. Just saw that on the street.

Whatever.

My friend Paul on my side say he liked your video and he say to not listen to my comments. DO not listen to him. He doesn't know Sh45T what that kind of stuff. I do.

I did like your B&W paper cut cheap animation. Effective and fun.

Ok we are at the Bar, so I'm finishing with this.

Damn a line up.

Ok I can continue on this but I said what I ad to say.

THe line up is very long. hmmmmm.

So I can say I like your stuff, good potential. Unless you JUST having fun, like it's your hobbie.

Ok now people are looking what I'm doing on my phone. So I will close this.

Last edited:
Thanks all, for the feedback and kind words! Belanger, my gut instinct is to say "But it's just a pitch video!" but you are, of course, right. I appreciate the critique and will take it into account in case we ever re-edit it. I can already see where the pacing sags a bit and needs to be snappier.

We made us color just to add a visual flair to it, but as you've noted, putting it in B&W might have solved our white balancing. We made this video on our own, so we'll have a great big crew to help us out with these details when it comes time for the real shoot.

Aww, you thought Austin's CG demo stuff was average? I know it's not Pixar but he did both the short films those clips came from entirely on his own, not a single person helping him out. Personally, I am awed by what he was able to accomplish, but to each his own!

Sorry, I don't mean to sound defensive or anything. In fact, I'm glad you brought all this up. Thanks again for your feedback!

Back