HI EVERYONE

Hi everyone,

I am Rais Kassim, from Ghana in West Africa. I am obsessed with the idea of making films , it keeps me up night and i have come to the conclusion that is my true passion. However i can't seem to gather enough courage to get started. I recently decided to go online to see what i can find in order to develop my skills as a script writer - indietalk struck me as a fantastic forum where i can meet and learn from people, share ideas and possibly get to discover that if i can really do this.

In conclusion am glad to be here and i hope lightening strikes

Hi everyone,

I am Rais Kassim, from Ghana in West Africa. I am obsessed with the idea of making films , it keeps me up night and i have come to the conclusion that is my true passion. However i can't seem to gather enough courage to get started. I recently decided to go online to see what i can find in order to develop my skills as a script writer - indietalk struck me as a fantastic forum where i can meet and learn from people, share ideas and possibly get to discover that if i can really do this.

You live in Ghana, that is Africa. There's so much going, so much injustice and corruption- grab a camera and start interviewing people, women, men, the poor, middle class, business owners..see where that takes you (filming doesn't cost you anything these days). Listen and watch..
A story will be flushed out of this process.

Remember, unlike western countries, if it's too scandalous, if you go "too far" you could be incarcerated, killed, your family killed. Be careful and make something great. Filmed media is powerful magic.

Hi everyone,

Well i've got bad news for ya Rais.
Your first script won't be very good.

You're going to have to deal with failure and rejection and persevere if you want to develop your writing craft.

Back