• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch CAVE

Cool song! Is Octophonix your project? Visually really cool, but I lost interest pretty quickly. For something non narrative, there probably needed to be a little more happening to hold my attention.

at first, i was about to agree with cheese, but i stuck with it and i gotta say i really enjoyed the editing toward the end, it worked well with the patterns you were finding within your framing and the second half was really redeeming. i understand the minimalistic themes in your editing to match the song, but i do gotta say that i wish the video would have began with that level of intensity (for lack of a better word) in the editing and shot selection and then built to something more. but overall, really impressive work doing so much with so little!

Much appreciated from both of you! I agree, it can get dull if you're not prepared. It's also definitely not engaging storywise, so there's definitely that working against it. Perhaps I could include some kind of mystery aspect to it, like a where's waldo of some sketchy hooded figure, cut in a few frames here, a few frames there? Idk.

@samwagner1000, the music is my long time friend and producer who lives in LA. I do these videos so he has more content to throw at his fans. It's an added bonus that I get to have some portfolio stuff of my own, as well as getting experience with an array of shooting styles, editing styles, color grading, etc. For instance, this video is the first I've done after purchasing NeatVideo, and I must say it works quite well. The only complaint I have is the banding I get in the sky where there should be gradients. Perhaps I just haven't zeroed in on how exactly to work the tool yet.

Again, thanks so much for the input! :cool:

Last edited:
Back