• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch High speed SMASHTACULAR - Casio FH25 and FH100

Hi guys,

I just thought I'd share a clip I've recently made shot on the Casio FH25 and FH100 cameras. The clip is for a track from Melbourne punk band Backyard Surgeons, we got a whole bunch of inanimate objects together and smashed the crap out of them.

Both cameras were great to use, very easy to get the hang of and because of their size we were able to put them right up close to the action. I made little protective boxes so that we wouldn't break the cameras too much. Plus they are very cheap so I didn't mind trying my best to break them.

This footage is shot at 420fps on a shutter of around 1/800th of a second. ISO was at either 800 or 1600. For anyone who doesn't know this already, the resolution captured at this frame rate is very small (224x168) which renders it almost useless for most 'professional' productions, but for a little camera that you can throw around whilst shooting slomo and use as a day to day point and shoot you can't go wrong. 120fps is a more manageable 640x480 which you could always cut into your SD productions.

Here's the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tanKPuHo2Ek

Questions welcome! Enjoy!

Back