• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Aethon: A Short Silent

Hello everybody,

I recently made my very first short. (Have no experience at all :P)
I had absolutely no budget: just my own script and a camera (GH2), AND the help of my lovely girlfriend :)

The film is called Aethon, and it's a silent film (though not in the strictest sense, cause I use ambient sounds).

I'm eager to read what people think of it. So let me know :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fn7lvDgS_ko#!

Kind regards,

TheJudge

Ummm im not sure what to think,
it looks like a version of The Terminator (but then again I couldn't read the subtitles)

2 things I would have changed regarding the filming.....

1) when the actor knocks on the front door, I would of cut to his view before he knocks - you have him knocking in the long shot and then his view of a door....

2) shouldn't he walk back to the light and dissapear? (but with out understanding the words on the screen - he could just be performing the same act over and over)

in regards to the black and white, I personally would have made it darker/less grey what I watched was quite 'dark' subject matter in a very light 'happy' black and white film.

I hope that feedback is welcomed.

Oh, I forgot to say that I added English subtitles on youtube ;)

Thanks for the criticism :) you are right about the black and white. :)

The reason he doesn't go 'into' the lamp, but appears again out of nowhere is to show that it happens again. The same thing happens all over again.

Back