• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch MUSIC-VIDEO: [Our latest work] A Faroese love story...

I would like to present our latest work. A music-video filmed in the remote Faroe Islands. I wrote a hefty description on Vimeo. But to sum it up: The music-video is about two lovers in the Faroe Islands during the turn of the 19th century.

Hope you enjoy it. Feedback is very much welcomed, and you are also free to share it on social media pages if you like. If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/86300509

Polar Films Entertainment

The imagery is beautiful no doubt about it.

However my thoughts on what i didnt like:

The group surrounded by candles, I didnt like it, it didnt fit for me, it felt you did that because you had no other idea on how to make them relevant to the video.

The sexual content is a big no no for me, too many videos contain explicit material unsuitable for children this is one of them, maybe its not aimed at kids but they would probably allow this to be shown without any warnings, I felt there was another option rather than the sexual exploit.

The biggest thing for me was that there was a lack of WOW factor, the only thing that wowed me was the opening shot of the sun shining and we see the back of the actor, that was a great shot but I didnt see anything else.

The story was simple and done very well, but lacked creativity i felt.

But again its a beautifully shot video but beauty without intelligence gets boring quick.

Thank you for your comments guys!

I might also add in reply to Sal. That we had to have sexual content, of some sort in it. Simply because that is what the song is about. Its only about sex, and while put into very fine words, there is no escaping, that the listener (if he understands the words) will see only sexual images before him/her when they hear it. We decided however not to have it 100% "in bed", but wanted a little love story based around it. Hence everything else.

The candle-lit environment is suppose to be out of place. While they are the musicians, they are not directly in the story, but still. Kinda like in this limbo plane. All acting as dead sailors, who long to get back in the arms of their loved once :)

Thank you for your comments guys!

I might also add in reply to Sal. That we had to have sexual content, of some sort in it. Simply because that is what the song is about. Its only about sex, and while put into very fine words, there is no escaping, that the listener (if he understands the words) will see only sexual images before him/her when they hear it. We decided however not to have it 100% "in bed", but wanted a little love story based around it. Hence everything else.

The candle-lit environment is suppose to be out of place. While they are the musicians, they are not directly in the story, but still. Kinda like in this limbo plane. All acting as dead sailors, who long to get back in the arms of their loved once :)

Lovely cinematography, good narrative, the actors were nicely directed (although the fishermen in the boat looked too 'soft') and did I mention nice cinematography? The 'style' is exactly what I am trying to do as well - performance to narrative - so it's really good.

I must be going insane as I thought it sounded Danish or similar.

Very lovely place to shoot and you made the most of it. Wish I had access to the Faroes...

Lovely cinematography, good narrative, the actors were nicely directed (although the fishermen in the boat looked too 'soft') and did I mention nice cinematography? The 'style' is exactly what I am trying to do as well - performance to narrative - so it's really good.

I must be going insane as I thought it sounded Danish or similar.

Very lovely place to shoot and you made the most of it. Wish I had access to the Faroes...

Thanks for the comments! It is indeed close to Danish! As we are part of the Danish kingdom the languages have some simillarities. But its much closer related to Icelantic. And as far as I know, the most unchanged of the norse languages, which were spoken during the viking age.

I would like to use this opportunity to ask for your support, by voting on our video for the "SONY PRODUCTION AWARDS 2014".

The way the competition works; is that in 3 weeks time the top 5 videos with the most votes in each category (Factual, Creative and Student), will progress to the judges-panel where a winner in each category will be selected. By voting on us, you are helping us reach the finals where experts and professionals in the business will decide which video is the best this year.

LINK: https://productionawards.sony.eu/videos/creative/7e6c441105a965d9bffcc2044a87d794#.Uytw1vl_vHV

Thank you for your support. (and another very special thanks, if you would share this, wherever you roam).

-
Polar Films Entertainment

Back