Home
Your Ad Here

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > The Biz > Business/Legal

IndieTalk is performing upgrades and will be back soon. Posting is disabled until further notice.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:24 AM   #16
AcousticAl
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenJames View Post
Not what I mean at all.... What I don't get is why anyone would be willing to subject themselves to the whims and control of other people. If you freelance you are an EMPLOYEE of whoever hires you. You are NOT your own boss. I want to control my own destiny free from the control of any other person.... that means no boss of any kind (whether a corporate boss or a work-for-hire boss).
Good luck with all that.

No man is an island.
AcousticAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 04-06-2019, 06:35 PM   #17
Sweetie
Basic Member

Quote:
Not what I mean at all.... What I don't get is why anyone would be willing to subject themselves to the whims and control of other people. If you freelance you are an EMPLOYEE of whoever hires you. You are NOT your own boss. I want to control my own destiny free from the control of any other person.... that means no boss of any kind (whether a corporate boss or a work-for-hire boss).
It'd be great if that was possible, but that's not how the real world works. You always have someone to answer to, whether it be your boss, your customer(s), governments and perhaps even their constituants.

If you require more control, do what I do and pick and choose which projects suit your style. As a film maker, the better you are at your job, the more control you'll be able to gain from clients who trust you.

You'll always have a boss. Even Steve Jobs was fired from his own company.
Sweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:49 AM   #18
WalterB
Basic Member

Twitter is the sewer of social media.
Perfect if you want to express anger.
I never look at ads.

If you can't show anything and if you actually what you have to do: don't do it.
You seem to think that you have to be a mindless robot to do your clients' bidding. My clients hire me because I say it when their ideas suck. And then I present alternatives, which are sometimes even cheaper to make.
WalterB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:52 AM   #19
WalterB
Basic Member

What you need to do is network in real life, get an assignment, overdeliver so you have something to show plus a client who can recommend you to others.

Paying for ads and spamming people to lead them to 'nothing' is a total waste of everybody's time.
It's like drawing a crowd to your restaurant while you still have no kitchen.

Last edited by WalterB; 04-08-2019 at 07:22 AM.
WalterB is online now   Reply With Quote