Sci Fi Project

Hi I'm Marty Procter, i am seeking feedback/suggestions for a project i'm working on for Uni, its a short Sci_fi promotion, involving a hovering robot chasing a man through a derelict building, what suggestions could you guys make in respect to:

1. Robot design (robot will be a 3D model composited into film)

2. cinematography

3. Audio

4. appealing effects

5. Anything to make my video captivating

Any suggestions/feedback will be invaluable towards my assignment, so please don't hesitate to post and ask questions, THANK YOU :D

Howdy from down under Marty!

1. Robot design (robot will be a 3D model composited into film)
Make it cool, new and fresh.

2. cinematography
Make it good.

Make it great. Audio is half the experience.

4. appealing effects
Great idea. You should have them.

5. Anything to make my video captivating
Captivating is a good idea. Much better than the typical boring student film.

You might get more useful feedback if you post your intended ideas.

Hi, I can really only speak for audio but try and record sounds yourself and manipulate them so you get something different, especially for any movements the robots doing. Blending organic with mechanical usually works well and should give it a real menace if done right.

GIGO - Garbage In, Garbage Out.

It all starts with solid production sound.

If your production sound is poor your entire audio post process becomes a rescue operation instead of creative enhancement.

If you get the production sound right you can have a lot of fun with audio post. Just as with the visual side it's all about the details, selecting the "correct" sound for it's visual counterpart both logically and emotionally.

Howdy from down under Marty!

Make it cool, new and fresh.

Make it good.

Make it great. Audio is half the experience.

Great idea. You should have them.

Captivating is a good idea. Much better than the typical boring student film.

You might get more useful feedback if you post your intended ideas.

The video as stands, is me runny away from a hovering robot, the robot is as far not build, im tinkering between a humaniod robot with some kind of jetpack (upper torso, head, arms/guns, jetpack) or a hovering ball with guns mounted but no resemblence to an actual person, or finally a droid very much like a remote control drone

… I'm tinkering between a humaniod robot with some kind of jetpack (upper torso, head, arms/guns, jetpack) or a hovering ball with guns mounted but no resemblence to an actual person, or finally a droid very much like a remote control drone

Each of these will require a unique sound set to match the robot visuals.

What kind of weapons will the robot(s) be using?

BTW, a "hovering ball" type of 'bot would be my vote; but give it more shape, sort of like EVE in WALL·E.

Disney_wall_e_EVE_characters_1.png

a robot similat to that was an early concept but i struggled to model a body i was happy with, so ive gone with more of an orb design, this is what i have so far:

file:///D:/Users/222234576/Desktop/robo%20side.jpg

file:///D:/Users/222234576/Desktop/robo%20perspective%20view.jpg

Back