Star Wars' licensing machine prints money.

That's no surprise. If Abrams' work in the other franchise is any indication, this upcoming movie will be filled with merchandising revenues and iconic references, but no real story.

But Abrams was not responsible for the story of the Star Trek films, Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman were. This time, they have Lawrence Kasdan writing the story alongside J J Abrams. This doesn't guarantee a great story, but it allows for stronger legitimacy that it may at least be a more compelling story than the Star Trek movies were.

That's no surprise. If Abrams' work in the other franchise is any indication, this upcoming movie will be filled with merchandising revenues and iconic references, but no real story.

LOL!
It's always funny to see how you consider the output and outcome of directors, actors and movies to be predictable and the same as the previous effort (with JJ Abrams and Summer Glau as your favourites), as if progress is non-existent. At the same time you hope to become a mogul by learning and improving yourself.

Yes, Star Wars is a lucrative merch machine, but you should watch it without thinking about that, because that will cloud your judgement ;)
Let's just hope it is a great movie, because that will warm other people up to invest in other epic SF stuff as well, like your dreamproject. (And I just want it to be cool :) )

Obviously Disney didn't pay 4 billion dollar to let any change the merchandize it slip away...
(4 with 9 zeros! On bad days I have to look in my wallet 9 times in a row to see that amount of zeros :lol: )

Back