DROPPED FRAMES!

I'm working on a sort of promotional video for the local library in FCP 6. I've got a couple of time lapse clips I recorded using Interval Recording on my camera. So I've imported the clips alright and they play alright in normal speed, but when I bring their speeds up to around 2,000 - 5,000%, it won't play the whole clip (which is now about 3-5 seconds). It drops frames every time with the following error message:

RT Extreme has determined these dropped frames were caused by slow disks. Please try:
-Increasing the speed of your disks.
-Decreasing the number of RT layers.
-Limiting your RT bandwidth in User Preferences.

Can anyone help. Are these actul solutions and if so how do I do these things?!?!

Thanks a lot

Does your hard drive have a 7200rpm speed? That could be the problem- with such a large file, your hard drive can't process all the data at the right speed.

If not, it might be worth it to run out and get a $80 hard drive, move the footage there and try again.

Or you could try breaking the file down into segments and speeding up the individual chunks.

That's all I can think of, sorry.

Yeah, the project itself is pretty big as i have like 16GB of footage, so I've been saving everything to an iomega 320GB external hard drive. And I even went through and deleted every other frame of the five second piece (took forever) and that didn't work either.

I think I'll probably do what Zensteve suggested. Hopefully that works...

Back