Animation Animatic Critiques?

Hello everyone. So I've been working on this solo animated short film for three years now. In that time, I've been creating all the characters, sets, props, ect. Recently, I recorded all the voices for the film, and with all the character and sets done, I'm not doing the final stage of putting together the film, shot by shot.

I realized, after getting lost in all this preproduction, that I have to direct this thing!! I've been so consumed with everything else on the project over the years, that I'm having a hard time with the direction side of things, or at least calming my brain that it's ok.

So I was wondering if I could get some critiques on my animatic, shot/direction-wise. I'm looking to I guess see if I'm doing it right, if I haven't screwed up things so far with the animatic. This is only a small portion of the film obviously, and the bit before this will have more establishing shots of the environment.

Excuse the poor quality of the animatic, it's pretty rudimentary in places. I added in some text in places that may not make much sense to help explain. It also has some early work in progress animated shots in place of animatic shots, ect ect.

x

Thanks everyone!

And what it looks like rendered:

NermCombo.jpg

www.cwanimation.com

Last edited:
Back