Movie Posters

hey all,

any of you guys know where to make a poster for your movie? anyone had experience on how that process went? how much and all details you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis

What I did was I called local print shops to get quotes on printing a certain number of movie poster quality posters. I found the cheapest place and had about 40 printed for just about 35 bucks. This is a really good rate by the way, but the posters are phenominal. Its on a type of paper called 100 pound gloss, and the poster quality is the same thing as any Hollywood movie poster. Let me know if you have any more questions about the process. I like looking at movie posters too, so send me a picture or something and ill check it out.

Devon

I haven't done any myself, though I have had a number of things printed -- business cards, flyers, etc.

Standard Film Poster size is 27x41, and generally movie posters are printed both front and back (image reversed on the back) so that when they are in a back-lit display case the images don't get washed out looking..

Typically with this kind of higher end printing, you'll want images and whatnot to be at 300dpi or higher resolution. Most printers I've dealt with ask for either 300 or 600dpi.

generally movie posters are printed both front and back (image reversed on the back) so that when they are in a back-lit display case the images don't get washed out looking.

Is this new? The ones I used to collect were one-sided.

Think it depends on whether they're printed specifically for the light boxes or not.. obviously it's cheaper to get them printed single-sided, but I have seen many that are printed on both sides, and I know I read somewhere that it was standard practice... *shrug*

I apologize. I forgot to mention that my posters are 17 X 11. Official movie poster size would be enormously expensive. Again, it depends on your budget and your movie. When I did get quotes, printers said they would have to print a minimum and it would work out to about $50 each.

What we figured was that for a first printing, since it was low-budget, we printed smaller one sided ones.

The majority of cost involved in printing is the set up, so larger runs are cheaper. I was playing around with a quote system for a printer who handles the large size film posters, and the price for 50 was like $2200, the price for one was only about $20 cheaper. hehe

If I had to guess though, I'd put my money on that place not being the most affordable one around.

Back