I need an editor for hire

I have just finished my first short film, but I have one problem. I have no editing skills whatsoever. I have tried and failed numerously for the last couple of months to use Final Cut pro. The major issues seems to be my outdated computer. Every time I try to use Final Cut, the software lags so much that it's basically un-usable.

I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to help me edit the film. I will pay very well to have this film done by February 1st. It's a short 5-10 minute short documentary film with some music and voice over.

Anyone interested in making 200 bucks? If so, reply back to me and I'll send you my email.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all relative.

Ain't that the truth.

200 bucks ain't "cheap"

That wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at the OP. S/he took a punt with a lowball price and found not one, but two willing people. Most AE's have a daily rate of $200+, let alone $200 for an entire completed project, sight unseen.

But you're right, it's all relative. When you're in a slow patch or trying to get credits under your belt, sometimes it's better to get paid a little for a small project, than not working.

In your circumstance I'd imagine this would be doubly the case as you'd probably be able to edit in the bus. You don't get much more that qualifies as down time as that.

travelling cross-country via greyhound

Seeing the country? Have fun. Soak it in. Did you bring camera and sound? Thought about shooting and documenting your trip?

Seeing the country? Have fun. Soak it in. Did you bring camera and sound? Thought about shooting and documenting your trip?

I don't want to hijack the thread, but yes and yes. To an extent, at least. And for the record, I didn't take the "cheap" comment as any kind of slight. :)

I didn't take the "cheap" comment as any kind of slight.

I didn't expect you to. It was a cheap offer. It's up to you to decide whether it's a good move for you or not. I find too many editors get caught up in the "my rate is this" and don't pay attention to deals which may be a good career move long term.

I also know what its like before getting regular decent paying clients. If the opportunities are coming in slow, it's often best to get the ball rolling.

To an extent, at least.

You should, even if it's just for practice.

Back