• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Beyond the Wall of Sleep, complete film online

Nice work, Gonzo, especially for a first effort. Congrats on screening at the Lovecraft fest. I assume that's the one in Portland - just up the road from me.

I've watched about 10 minutes so far and I like it. B/W feels more tense. Can you tell me a bit about your production sound. The first scene when the patient is admitted sounded a bit live, like the boom was far away and the room was ringy.

I've watched about 10 minutes so far and I like it. B/W feels more tense. Can you tell me a bit about your production sound. The first scene when the patient is admitted sounded a bit live, like the boom was far away and the room was ringy.

Yep, that was a problem, it was cavernous. My primary sound guy wasn't able to be on set that day, and I had to use the assistant. Wanted to cover it up in post, but never was able to really find the right hallway sounds to mask it. the sound in the hallway scenes is one of the things I really wish I had a do over on.

Thanks for the response. I'm just cutting my teeth in location sound, and despite have over 20 years of experience in live sound for both concerts, and in the last 10 years, theatre, I have never faced the challenges I am facing in getting location sound right.

Yep, that was a problem, it was cavernous. My primary sound guy wasn't able to be on set that day, and I had to use the assistant. Wanted to cover it up in post, but never was able to really find the right hallway sounds to mask it. the sound in the hallway scenes is one of the things I really wish I had a do over on.

Bump...

My first film. I mean I had never even shot my kid's soccer gamer on a camcorder before I made this film.

It's poorly paced (could stand about 10 minutes trimmed), has some really bad acting, BUT it got into the H. P. Lovecraft film festival in Portland and it features not only Lloyd Kaufman, but the girl who went on to be the 1-800-petmeds girl.

http://vimeo.com/11242311

Back