• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The Girl Without A Song - premiering at local Toronto Festival

So my film is going to be shown at a local South Asian film festival in Toronto. If any of you guys are in the area on Sunday, October 4, it'll be shown at the Carlton Cinema at Yonge & Carlton at 4pm.

Tickets will be free. Just tell them you reserved them with Aveek. And if you're able to make it, don't forget to come and say hi.

Link: http://filmifestival.org/2015/09/27/the-girl-without-a-song/

Now I know why festivals want local films

Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBXpgvdHWFA

Last edited:
Cool! :)
How did it go?

It went really well actually. I loved the Q&A part the most. It seemed like the audience really responded nicely. (I had about 70 people in a 120 seat theater.

The audio was f**king awful. I finished processing two days before the actual showing. I couldn't understand why parts of the audio weren't playing the way I heard it, and some parts were buzzing. I realize now that it was too loud. I'm correcting that now.

The amazing thing was that I did meet a distributor during the after party. I have to send her a copy of the screener, as she missed my show :(

So.... nothing really happened :).
But I had a great day.

Thanks for asking :cheers:

Congrats on the festival screening.

The audio was f**king awful. ... I couldn't understand why parts of the audio weren't playing the way I heard it, and some parts were buzzing. I realize now that it was too loud. I'm correcting that now.

The reason parts of the audio weren't playing the way you heard them was because you heard them on a completely different system. A theatrical sound system is nothing like a consumer sound system or even a professional (music) monitoring system. A music track (or a film mix) will sound substantially different on say laptop speakers compared to professional monitors or a good quality home system and the difference between professional monitors and a theatrical sound system is bigger!

I'm not sure what caused the buzzing, there are quite a number of possibilities. The most likely explanation is that it was there in your mix all along but you simply didn't notice it (EG. It was actually inaudible) on your sound system.

Careful about correcting how loud it was! Are you gearing up for another festival/theatrical screening? If so, then yes, lower it somewhat. If it's for playback on any system/distribution platform other than in a cinema then leave it as it is and don't lower it. Depending on the platform it might already be too low!

G

Back