• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Drama Script for Sale

But at least you took the time I didn't want to take to list everything. I can see it's only worsened the situation. The problem is, I think he's conning people out of their money. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to be a filmmaker, but he tried to sell a company that made nothing for $3 million dollars. I'm willing to bet he would've spent that on REDs and VFX and scripts, etc. But that doesn't mean it's not a con.

The fact that he's made several thousand dollars on some of his indiegogo stuff actually angers me. I'm starting to think about overpricing some crowdfunding stuff now just since it's clear that people will donate money to anything without research... wait, I have better morals than that.

I must have missed something, but harsh guys.... you really sound harsh at this guy.
I'm sorry you feel this way.

My advice to him is based on several years of his attempts. AcousticAl
and I both sincerely want to help him. Perhaps you could offer some
advice that is less harsh - more to his (and your) liking. Calling us out
without fully understanding the background is quite unreasonable. What
advice do YOU have for Andrew? Perhaps you can lead by example and
show us a kinder way.

Exactly the same. But the project was even bigger and his experience
even less but his claims were over-the-top. I (and others) offered to
help an ambitious 17 year old focus but he did nothing but make excuses.
And it's been happening here on indietalk since May. And people are still
offering to help him but he refuses.

I'm sorry you feel this way.

My advice to him is based on several years of his attempts. AcousticAl
and I both sincerely want to help him. Perhaps you could offer some
advice that is less harsh - more to his (and your) liking. Calling us out
without fully understanding the background is quite unreasonable. What
advice do YOU have for Andrew? Perhaps you can lead by example and
show us a kinder way.

I'm not saying there is a better way and I believe I fully stated that I must not know the history on it. This thread is the only thread that I've seen in regards to him... On its own in a vacuum it sounded rather harsh. That's all. Then again, it also looks like he's deleted a bunch of his own text... For all I know, he deserved the harsh treatment.

What I don't understand. It seems that you guys have written him off? It also seems that he makes your blood boil? If he's never going to learn from your advice, why waste so much time on him?

But at least you took the time I didn't want to take to list everything. I can see it's only worsened the situation. The problem is, I think he's conning people out of their money. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to be a filmmaker, but he tried to sell a company that made nothing for $3 million dollars. I'm willing to bet he would've spent that on REDs and VFX and scripts, etc. But that doesn't mean it's not a con.

Most people who have large amounts of money are usually smart enough to not fall for the smoke and mirrors crap. If he wants to waste his time on endeavors that will go nowhere, why care? Who knows, someday you might come across some youtube video of him trying to scam a rich millionaire, where shortly after he "Releases the hounds" on him.

The fact that he's made several thousand dollars on some of his indiegogo stuff actually angers me. I'm starting to think about overpricing some crowdfunding stuff now just since it's clear that people will donate money to anything without research... wait, I have better morals than that.

Now this I understand. I would have thought that putting this a little earlier may have been better? Some kind of "Scam Alert" as a service to the community. If someone is trying to scam the community, let people know. That's only fair.

The first time I communicated with Andrew, I didn't realize the extent of his issues. Had I known more, I wouldn't have bothered with the get-a-job talk I gave him.

You can't talk someone out of their delusions of grandeur. There's no point in even trying. He's not trying to con anyone. He's not naive. He's having delusions of grandeur.

Now this I understand. I would have thought that putting this a little earlier may have been better? Some kind of "Scam Alert" as a service to the community. If someone is trying to scam the community, let people know. That's only fair.

Yeah, he's definitely a scammer. His first thread was him selling his production company http://www.indietalk.com/archive/index.php/t-42503.html

Though he may think himself better than he is, there's no way he actually believed his company was worth 3-5 million dollars. It wasn't worth 3-5 dollars. He was trying to con someone, be it an idiot, or some random billionaire out there who doesn't research what he buys.

And everyone may exaggerate a little bit on their bio, but there's a difference between exaggerating and lying. He didn't even realize how easy it was to trace everything he's done (which he does now, but it's still easy to track him)

With how much money his indiegogo campaigns have generated, it's far more than just some kid playing director... what's even more angering is that he had multiple campaigns for the same project on there at once currently there's only these two

http://www.indiegogo.com/findingme2

http://www.indiegogo.com/finding-me

I know that this campaign had more money on it: http://www.indiegogo.com/nycmove because I remember seeing it the last time I called him on his bullshit and took a look at his campaigns. So there's one he restarted.

That's why I wanted to know if there's a way to report indiegogo frauds

I read something a little while ago about indigogo frauds. I don't remember the contents of the article though. Tried google?

:lol: Ya'll are all too old to not be able to recognize people with less-than-comic-porportioned mental health issues.

They're a dime a dozen.

No one here has what he needs.

Who here is a BLADE RUNNER fan?
Recall the echo of the recorded voice on the floating police vehicle after Deckard retires Zhora and the crowd gathers to view?
"Move on. Move on. Move on... :

Who here is a BLADE RUNNER fan?
Recall the echo of the recorded voice on the floating police vehicle after Deckard retires Zhora and the crowd gathers to view?
"Move on. Move on. Move on... :

Except, here on the internet it's more like this. :yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSjK2Oqrgic

Heh, now I'm feelin' bad for the guy. :mope:

You can't talk someone out of their delusions of grandeur. There's no point in even trying.
I know you're right and even though one person here thinks my blood
is boiling and can't understand why I waste my time I keep trying. I
understand why people would stop trying - I stopped answering questions
from one of our members months ago for the same reason - but with
Andrew I chose to continue offering advice. He thinks I'm an arrogant
prick because of it but that's his issue not mine.

I agree with you CF - delusions of grandeur. That's why he genuinely,
sincerely believed his company was worth three million dollars. At one
point he had his full business plan on his website. I downloaded it and it
bordered on fraud; not because his was trying to con someone but because
he has delusions of grandeur, did a lot of research and misunderstood his
findings. I mentioned this to him and he ignored my email but he did take
the plan down.

He's upset now but he'll be back. He posts on another site where he is "the
big fish" and that seems to suit him better than this one. People don't challenge
him and are not harsh.

I do wonder what he did with the three large he collected from his campaign and
I'm suspicious that he keeps listing....

Yeah, he's definitely a scammer.

I have to agree with directorik on this one. He's not a scammer or a con. Scammers and con artists are out to steal, and they know from the get-go that their cover stories are complete lies.

Andrew is delusional, and honestly believes that he's working toward something that he can achieve. He isn't fronting a fake production just to see who will give him money, and he is firmly convinced that if he keeps trying, whether it's letting things cool in a forum where he's already destroyed his credibility until he feels it's safe to try again or by finding a new forum where he thinks no one knows him yet, he will find that one time and place where people will throw money at him to make his big movie. He's played every tactic I can think of, from organized sales pitch all the way to the "poor, pitiful me" card and the anger/shame card.

But no matter what, he isn't doing this to con people out of money: he really believes that one of these attempts will be his big break straight to the top, and has no value for actually working from the bottom up. In one of his posts on another forum, he commented that he simply couldn't do a feature for less than $300,000 because, for a budget any lower, he'd feel like he wasn't really making a film worth watching. He's never made a film of any budget, but he's certain that he couldn't work for less than $300k.

There's so much to be learned in making it happen in the low/no-budget world, and if you can do it for little-to-no money then you'll be able to make some pretty incredible stuff happen when/if you do have a reasonable budget. But, why put effort into it through practice and hard work and ingenuity when you can bypass all that for what's sure to be a successful, multi-million-dollar production?

Okay, this particular post from me is going to be TMI for many people, but I honestly don't care. I'm VERY close and intimate with someone who has some HUGE problems with mental issues that are similar to those being discussed in this thread. Does this make me the end-all expert? Of course not. Does it make me feel like I have a right to comment? Yes. And you can take those comments with as much as grain of salt as you feel is needed.

When you try to talk someone out of a delusion of any sort (grandeur or paranoia), your words will only convince them that their delusions are all that more correct. It is literally pointless. I find it much better to just change the damn subject.

HOWEVER, that's only when it's in the moment(s) of delusion. I reflected on your comments, Rik, and actually I really respect what you're doing. Because in my experience, even the most delusional have moments of reality. And in those moments of reality, the most well thought-out, most respectful reflections are those that can finally connect with the person who needs a touch of both reality and compassion. And in that respect, there's honestly nobody on this forum I can think of who is doing a better job of reaching out to those who might need it.

Where did the $3K go? He'll answer for it (in personal relationships lost).

Andrew, are you listening? I ain't shaking fingers at you, dude. But yeah, if you want to be taken seriously as a filmmaker, you're in need of some change. Sincerely, best wishes.

Last edited:
I reflected on your comments, Rik, and actually I really respect what you're doing. Because in my experience, even the most delusional have moments of reality.
Thank you.

I, too, know someone with mental issues. And I know three people who are
young and who do not fully understand the business but read a lot and think
they do. I don't know where Andrew fits but I suspect he is just young and
immature rather than suffering from any mental issues.

What I do know is that other people are reading these boards. Andrew will not
take any of this advice and make himself a better filmmaker but someone else
might get a little something out it.

Back