• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Intense Shooting VFX Movie

Hi everyone,

I've been on this site for a while now and decided to share some of my work.

Below is a link to my most recent video, Random Action Movie 2. I'm 15 and did all the editing and shooting myself.

Here it is (watch in hd if you can)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4OEv-7YrfQ

Note: this is my second time with VFX so if you can give me some feedback and advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

the live video sound was full of wind noise etc.. You could have just muted it and
added footsteps and stuff in post.

Play with the different blending modes for your muzzle flashes... they should blend a bit more with the footage..

the live video sound was full of wind noise etc.. You could have just muted it and
added footsteps and stuff in post.

Play with the different blending modes for your muzzle flashes... they should blend a bit more with the footage..

Thanks, and yeah i was thinking the same thing, sometimes (actually all the time) they didn't match the color of the scene. I will try to mess with the blending modes, but would any color correction effects be another good resource to change the appearance for the flashes?

Wow, I've never found another 15 year old that could make an action scene/film as good as I could (Not trying to be cocky or anything) until now! Not bad.. You had some epic moments in there.

I definitely agree with WheatGrinder. Mute the sound from now on if you get wind in the audio. And just mess with the layer types for the muzzle flashes. Personally I always add a little glow to my flashes. It blends them a little more.

Also, try to portray the "real time" effect better. For instance, at 0:15 your actor has already fired 5-6 shots. Then when you cut to the guy being shot at. There's a whole second before he realizes he's being shot at. Sidenote: (If he had a silencer the other guy most likely wouldn't know he was being shot at.)

And try to get some type of camera stabilizer/steadicam. Your image was a little shaky.
Also, make faster cuts. It better portray's that "action" is happening.

And hey checkout my channel. Maybe you'd be interested in some type of affiliation? Since we put out similar conent. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/AestheticCreations

AestheticCreations that was impressive to say the least! FLANK is amazing ! Same age guy here.
Will put something similar out there as well soon, although I do not have the knowhow of after effects and such yet!

One thing I've noticed that helps to give these kind of gunplay fight scenes a bit more orientation is establishing a clear line between the shooter and his target/destination. In other words, shooting with the 180-degree rule in mind and bringing the camera in close towards both the shooter and his target. This can give you the effect of "exploring the space" WITH the players, rather than hopping around from cut to cut.

Also, keep the cuts nice and tight. I can tell that you've been watching a lot of FreddieW's channel on Youtube, and if you're going after that style, you might as well edit pretty fast like they do.

Try shooting with some kind of image stabilization. The handheld effect is great for this kind of scene, but because Handycams and DV cameras are so lightweight, they rarely have the same "feel" as a professional film camera that is handheld by a trained operator. The simplest solution to eliminating this "Handycam wobble" is to unfold your tripod, mount your camera, and then simply run around with that extra weight centering the camera. You'll get enough shake in there, but it won't be quite so severe.

Otherwise, good job. Can't wait to see more!

I'll only comment on the vFX--really nice muzzle flashes. The blood, however, was too cloudy, too hazy. More thick splotches (subtle) and less cloud.

Nice work thus far.

Back