Matte Painting

Hi there ,

I am working on this new short film which is set in post apocalyptic world.

I am planning a couple of shots in my city in which I would love to have some post apocalyptic matte painting.

Anyone who has any experience with that?

It is an unpaid project so I'll understand if I do not find anyone but still would be nice,

Drop me a message if you're interested ,

Thanks.

I'm not a matte painter, but there are forums out there (I know there's one named Matte Painting.org or something) where you might be able to find people. IndieTalk is a great site, and for specific things like this you MIGHT want to check out sites more focused on the particular craft you are talking about. Anyway, hope you find someone!

You can get good stock paintings and animations from Pond5 for a low price. Chances are it may turn out better than what you can get for free. All of Pond5s stuff is royalty free.

You can also get science fiction backgrounds low priced from tapetube.

You can Google to get their web sites.

Do a Google image search for "public domain post apocalypse" then refine those results to "large" images.
See if you can find a look you're looking for.
You may have to build them yourself.

About how many mattes do you have a planned need for?
Green screening them in as backgrounds?

Do a Google image search for "public domain post apocalypse" then refine those results to "large" images.
See if you can find a look you're looking for.

This is fine for concept/visualization, but for those reading this be aware that you must get permission from the copyright holder for any images you intend to use in your final product.

Back